Chapter 1 :: The Saintess & Her Wolf

"Who the fuck do you think you are touching?!" A woman snarled her boot colliding with the strange man's chest as she pulled her master into her arms protectively. The woman's miss-matched green eyes were narrowed and she was shielding a beautiful teenage woman as delicate looking as a porcelain doll.

Some minutes earlier ::

"Wolf, that's enough, leave the disposal of those rats to Uncle. We have a meeting to get too, so change your shirt." A soft but firm feminine voice sounded in a run down building.

The voice belonged to a delicate and cold looking sixteen year old pale Japanese porcelain doll. Her voice tickled one's skin much like winters icy breath. Thick black lashes accentuated bright feline shaped eyes dyed deep brown to the point of almost black, however an amber ring circled her iris.

Those feline eyes rested on an older woman's face with a pair of miss-matched green eyes. Currently those green eyes shone in contrast to the bright red blood spattered across her face and stained white shirt.

"Yes Master." The older woman then looked over at a group of men who had paled faces but otherwise showed no indication they had just watched three men tortured to the point they barely resembled humans.

The only man in the group that had a lackadaisical grin chuckled and gave a slight bow, "As the Head commands this Uncle of yours will sort this out, I'll meet you at the restaurant when I'm done."

With a nod the young woman soundlessly walked out of the building, the older woman on her heels. The soft icy voice murmured, "Wolf, finally, those were the last of the dregs who followed that bastard youngest uncle of mine. My parents can rest peacefully now and the group is stabilized and thriving. It's over."

The older woman, Wolf, nodded her head, "Let's go pay our respects this weekend, I tracked down the sake you said was your mother's favorite." Her face had a gentle smile that was marred by a scar running from her right eyebrow across the bridge of her nose and through the left half of her lips.

Wolf's scarred appearance never bothered the young Head, in fact this petite and fierce woman was her closest companion. Her beloved Wolf, whose loyalty and ferocity held no rivals. The one person whom when gifted a new name became an existence solely  for her.

That one person who didn't hesitate to call out "Ryuki!" and wrap her body around the young woman when the ground began to crack and strange runes seemed to burn into the back alleyway itself.

Present ::

Both women were scanning their surroundings on high alert, moments before they had been walking through a back alley in Tokyo but now they found themselves in a large room surrounded by strangers.

The man who had been kicked back was gasping to catch his breath and staggered to his feet frowning fiercely. "How dare you intervene ugly woman, the Saintess we have summoned will follow me. Release her at once."

Neither woman moved, on the contrary the younger woman wrapped her arms around the waist and clung tightly to the older one. Peering out from the scarred woman's embrace "My name is Ryuki." The young woman's wintery voice spoke softly into the stagnant air. "This is Wolf."

"So the Saintesses name is Ryuki we have..." Ryuki cut the sketchy looking man who spoke off. Reading people is one of Ryuki's strengths, at a glance she understood that man was not to be trusted and definitely played a big role in whatever had happened, unlike the younger man Wolf had kicked away earlier.

"Wolf, who am I?"
"My master."
"Wolf, who are you?"
"My masters Wolf whose entire existence is for you."
"Wolf, if we are forcefully separated I will head to the underworld first and what will you do?"
"I will kill as many foes as possible before joining you in the underworld."
"Good girl, don't keep me waiting too long."

The calm conversation between the two women sent the room into a panicked buzz. However before a single person present could respond the doors were flung open and armed men with swords and halberds surrounded the group of people.

"Uncle!" The man who had been kicked was still breathing heavily from having the wind knocked out of him, "What is the meaning of this?"

"What is the meaning of this you dare ask?! How dare you practice dubious magic when his majesty your father and his highness the crown prince are away fighting for this country! Have you lost your mind? What the hell were you..."

The man, who seemed to be the uncle of the young idiot and a brother of a king, stopped mid sentence when his lavender eyes landed on the two strangely dressed women, one clearly protecting the other and splattered with blood. Their uniquely dyed eyes gauging the situation around them, much like predators evaluating the strength of their intended kill.

"What have you done Theodore."