Chapter 4 :: The Saintess has a Name, A Wolf uses her Gift

Wolf was admiring the elegant dragon tattooed winding as though it was dancing on her masters back while drying her long thick black hair and wrapping a towel around her body.

"They don't seem to have robes and the clothing they left in the closet has corsets and skirts big enough to have an orgy in." Wolf huffed causing Ryuki to raise her eyebrow in amusement as Wolf continued to grumble.

"It seems outside of the occasional female soldier women here dress similar to European nobility back in the day. With Nordic sounding names I had my hopes up that it would be a more gender equal and pant wearing society."

Petting Wolf's head Ryuki answered, "Let's not jump to conclusions too fast. We don't know anything about this world, its countries, its races and their customs unique to each yet."

Curious about the current limitations of the creation magic Ryuki settled herself wrapped in a towel seiza style onto a floor mat she created from a couch pillow. In front of her Wolf laid out a folded sheet from the bed, a curtain she had ripped down, and some of the clothes they arrived in.

Ryuki examined the bed sheet, it was soft and silk like, it was dyed in black, grays, and reds, most likely considered high end in this world. Closing her eyes Ryuki focused her mind on the image of a modified hakama pant with a modified elbow length sleeved kimono for underneath.

Prioritizing unimpeded movement and comfort Ryuki began the process of guiding the strange sensation to gather in her hands hovering over the fabric.

Wolf was fascinated, sitting in lotus position on the floor across from Ryuki she was engrossed in watching the fabric transform before her eyes. The hakama pant was an ombré starting with a light grey at the under bust and faded into black at the ankle. The kimono for underneath was a soft grey color with black branches and red cherry blossoms along the sleeves and back.

Setting aside her clothing Ryuki used the remaining fabric to make flats for herself and under garments for both women before picking up the curtain. Flitting her eyes between the curtain and Wolf, she contemplated options.

Starting with a tank undershirt that would bind Wolf's chest into place Ryuki methodically moved through each article of clothing she made. Next was a dark grey button up with sleeves pre rolled at elbow length. Over the button up would be a black sleeveless fitted v neck suit vest. For pants she would give Wolf black flexible fabric with a place for a right side thigh rig for knives. Picking up Wolf's Doc's Ryuki focused on making them sturdier, lighter weight, with more flexibility on the foot area and knee high.

Satisfied with her work she nodded at Wolf to assist her in getting dressed before she continued to experiment with her creation abilities.

"We've established it takes minimal magic and toll on your body to create something from existing materials, but can you create something from nothing?" Wolf hummed in thought.

"I was just thinking the same thing, I'll start with weapons. There's nothing really usable in this room to create them with so I'll try it from scratch. Let's start with a steel fan since it's smaller and it's easy for me to conceal it."

Giving Ryuki space to concentrate Wolf began to move around the room. Something had caused her unease when they had first entered the room but they had prioritized getting cleaned up in the bathroom. Now that she was back out in the sitting and bed space the discomfort came back.

Slowly examining each table, vase, decoration picture and frame as she made her way around the room Wolf's hand paused on a seemingly normal decorative box. Picking it up the discomfort amplified sending shivers of unexplained irritation through Wolf's body. Placing it on the coffee table Wolf continued her hunt around the room ending up with five unassuming objects.

Turning her gaze away from the objects Wolf studied her master whose pale skin was slightly flushed lips parted and breath a bit heavy, her mental state seemed to be drained.

"It appears to take far more toll on your body when you make something from nothing."

"Yes, I think I'll focus on making our weapons this way to increase my magic capacity and endurance."

"I know you are a bit tired but I need you to look at these objects. They feel wrong, and I don't want to leave your safety to random guards and chance."

Ryuki's delicate face formed a frown, her feline eyes growing serious and cold. Wolf had animal like gut instincts in regards to feeling things are off. It was that instinct that had saved Ryuki's life when Wolf had grabbed her, pinned her against a shipping container and shielded her from an explosion that her only remaining cousin had set up. A cousin Wolf had made sure suffered before drawing his last breath.

Picking up and examining each object carefully before placing them back down and one by one hovering her hand over each.

"APPRAISAL"

Ryuki's face darkened and her eyes grew frosty, "These are magic based recording devices, it seems they can't listen in directly but can record and replay later."

"Hoooo" Wolf's scarred mouth twisted into a malevolent smile, "It seems we need to have a chat with our kidnappers."

A knock on the door interrupted Wolf plotting torture and a voice called out loudly, "Saintess, your meal is ready can we open the door?"

Wolf looked at Ryuki who quickly purified the objects before Wolf destroyed them then wrapping up the debris in a pillowcase.

Opening the door Wolf had a cold expression but her mismatched hazle and forest green eyes were filled with hostility, shoving the pillow case in Ailith's arms before snatching the two trays from the maids and addressing Aldith. "The Saintess has a name, I suggest you use it if you want a response. In addition take that junk to Mr. Kings brother. I suggest he think twice before pulling stunts like this."

Stepping back in the room with trays in hand Wolf kicked the doors shut in their startled faces.

About 30 minutes later Julian with Sullivan on his heels knocked on the door urgently and without waiting burst into the room concern etched on his face. "I can assure you that those devices were not of my or Sullivan's making, we will investigate thoroughly to ensure such events don't happen again, we..."

Julian's voice faltered when his mildly panicked lavender eyes registered the scene in front of him.

Ryuki was sitting seiza again on a floor mat next to the coffee table sipping tea calmly, a coffee table that still had 3/4s of the food delivered untouched. While Wolf had one leg up knee bent on the couch leaning on it with one arm while her other leg was dangling off the couch. Blood was dripping from the sides of her mouth and nose, she licked the blood on her lips and smirked. Glancing sideways at her master.

"Seems I'm already putting Eir's gift to use."