Chapter 12 :: The Saintess Debuts, A Wolf Bares Her Fangs ~ Part 1

"I refuse." Wolf and Ryuki spoke in unison, Naga was rolling around on the floor in hysterics as the King who had officially returned sat across from the two women. Various styles of ball gowns and corsets had been placed in the room with Sullivan and Julian standing beside them with the intention of assisting them in choosing.

The trio hadn't even spoken yet when the two simultaneously responded.

Through gasps as he stayed sprawled on the floor Naga managed to wheeze out, "What in all the gods names made you bring such monstrosities with such a straight face?"

Demonkin were much sturdier than Humankin, hence they wore fewer layers, usually clothing that was flowing and revealing, with a heavy emphasis on jewelry, intricate embroidery on the flowing silks and intricate hair styling. Demonkin also lacked the reserved nature many Humankin had in regard to one's body.

Perhaps the best example would be nursing mothers, in Demonkin territory it was common for nursing mothers to wear little or no clothing across theirs breasts to make it less cumbersome. Not a single passing Demonkin would think twice, unlike Humankin. Men in particular would make a fuss jeering or humiliating a woman to force her to cover her body.

Having seen the way the women dressed for both comfort or combat even if it was more reserved compared to his people, Naga was at a loss at what would possess the King to bring such hideous and cumbersome garb.

The King sighed and explained, "The rumors of a Saintess and her uncultured companion have spread like wild fire. The rumors of the debut have also spread. Therefore the castle has been inundated with dress samples and designs. We picked the least over the top ones but it seems even these are too much for you. In that case what will you wear?"

"What we always wear, just fancier." Wolf responded her eyes filled with a ferocious hostility directed at the garments themselves sending Naga into another fit of laughter gasping for breath.

"Shhhh... it's ok come here Wolf." Ryuki soothed the woman whose hackles were raised, "I'll make it better." Flicking her wrist in the direction of the offensive clothing Ryuki froze it solid before snapping her fingers triggering it to shatter into an uncountable amount of shards spilling across the floor.

"See, all better."

The King's jaw dropped, the three men looked at each other before Julian asked, "Were they really that offensive? They are designed in some of the more common and beautiful trends?"

"Would you wear one?" Wolf countered.

"No, I'm a man I would never wear a dress let alone one designed for banquets that's..."

"Exactly."

Ryuki elaborated for the confused men, "In our world women wear pants and shorts regularly, in addition the dresses we wear tend to be more skin tight or fitted. Something like a banquet and ballgowns are archaic it would be an event that was planned for say a themed wedding or maybe the theme of a high school dance. The theme being of "the olden days when queens and nobility existed." To us such ridiculous and impractical clothing is strange. In addition this type of clothing was specific to western culture, the country I come from has a different ideal when it comes to beauty and elegance, to us such garish dresses would be considered improper. I won't repeat myself. We will dress ourselves. We come from a different world. We are under no obligation to conform to yours."

Nyx had already begun cleaning up the shards with her shadow magic shaking her head at the King and sighing. Even the late Empress didn't like such elaborate dresses and dressed in her own style usually understated and in daily affairs she would wear pants and practice martial arts and magic.