Chapter 23

wasn't gonna update for another week, to be honest. feeling surprisingly productive

Enjoy! 🦋

🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅🌅

Ethan

Liv walked out of the building, her two braids blowing in the wind. She opened the car door. "Hey", she smiled, moving the hair out of her face.

I grinned back. "Hey."

She shut the door after she sat down, I made sure she had fastened her seatbelt before I started driving. We sat in silence for a few minutes before I asked her "how was your table read?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, pretty good." Just then she started smiled widely. "Actually, you'll never guess what."

I tore my eyes away from the road to look at her. "What?"

"I get to write a song for the show-"

"Oh my gosh, Liv! That's amazing!"

"-with Josh."

Ouch. I felt my smile subconsciously drop a bit. With Josh. For fucks sake. I genuinely have nothing against the guy. Actually. But it feels like he's everywhere in Liv's life. He's always with her, doing something. Sometimes it's not even his fault, everyone just associates them together and puts them together. But seriously, does he not have a hobby? Something to do in his free time, because goddamn, it feels like the only thing he does is hang around her.

"Um, Ethan"

Shit, I completely forgot she was here. I chuckled slightly. "Sorry."

She perked her head up in confusion. "You look mad."

"I'm not mad, Liv."

"I know you."

I know you. God, did that make me feel great. I know we've been through a lot, but nothing makes me happier than that. "Listen, Livia. I don't want you to take this the wrong way, at all. But why with Joshua?"

"Um...because that's our job?" She said, confusedly. "We play love interests on the show and we both wrote songs, it's kind of inevitable to be honest."

That's the problem. "I know, but I just feel like the universe keeps on assigning you with him, when you guys aren't a thing anymore. It's just difficult to watch you with him all the time."

She moved her tongue around the inside of her mouth, a habit she had always had, thinking of what to say. "We're not together," she said bluntly.

"I know, but it's just...weird, that everyone's so obsessed with the two of you."

She didn't say anything back.

"Are you talking to him at all."

"I mean I have to, we work together, but I did what you said: we haven't talked outside of work."

Suddenly I felt really guilty. "Okay."

Olivia

We pulled up to a token cafe and went in, quickly being seated near a window "Do you want anything?" He asked.

I looked up from my menu. "I'm not actually that hungry. I'll just take a water."

"Oh, okay." He stayed smiling at me for a while before I interrupted.

"Are you not gonna order something?"

"Nah, if you won't eat, then I won't eat."

Right then. I'm not gonna make it weird and convince him to go eat, that's his choice. "Suit yourself."