30 - Declan

Growing angrier by the second with this piece shit, my fingers tightened around Chadwick's neck. I wanted to kill him, but I couldn't. Not until he told me where my girls were. "Tell. Me. Where. Everly and Seraphine are. Right. Fucking. Now," I commanded slowly.

The cocksucker laughed in my face again. "Sucks losing someone you love, doesn't it?" He smiled a malicious grin. "In your case, two of them. Paybacks are a bitch, aren't they?"

"Fuck you," I seethed, whacking the barrel of my gun on his head and my fingers pressing even harder into his pulse points, making it harder for him to breathe and his body to numb.

Another skin-crawling laugh left his growing blue lips. "You know what the best part was?" he stammered, clawing at my hand. "Hearing Seraphine's cries when my gun was rammed up her pussy, fucking her like she the trash she is."

My head twitched at the thought of what he was telling me.

"Declan," someone said behind me when I released the safety on my gun. I didn't know who it was, and I didn't care. I wanted this low-life scum dead. "You fucking asshole, you're going to pay for this. Right. Fucking. Now," I angrily groaned, my finger on the trigger ready to pull until I noticed Chadwick's eyes moving to my right side.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a gun aimed our way. I wasn't sure if it was aimed at me or him. I didn't want to take any chances of Chadwick slipping from my fingers, so I kept my eyes on him. If I go down, we go down together.

Then I heard a voice I never thought I'd hear again after Chadwick made it sound like he ended the love of my life's life. "I warned you you weren't going to get away with this," Seraphine hissed. There were also tears and shakiness in her voice. "You broke, abused, and shattered me—making it so I no longer wanted to live. You shattered Declan's heart. And you scared the living fuck out of a little girl. You lied. You manipulated. And you stole the innocence of innocent women and young girls. You ruined so many lives; it's time you pay for everything you've done to all these women and children for years. Thankfully, I was lucky enough to survive everything you'd done to me so I could stand up for the others still living and give you the payback you so deserve for those no longer here."

Chadwick's lips curved into a mocking grin, and then he laughed. "All of you sluts loved it, don't deny it."

"Wrong," Seraphine hissed.

Chadwick laughed again. "You stupid cunt don't even know how to shoot a gun."

Seraphine quietly laughed, "Wrong again. I learned from the best." She isn't wrong there. I taught her and worked hard with her until she consistently shot her shots in groups.

Chadwick grinned. "Now, this I have to see. You were always afraid of guns, Seraphine. You don't have it in you to harm a soul. That's one thing I can say about you. So, if you think you can shoot me without missing, then let's see what you've got," he taunted her.

Dummy. But I do have to say I'm a bit nervous about Seraphine pulling the trigger. I see her hand shaking, and that's not good. I also fear that if she did shoot and kill him, she'd be even more traumatized than she already was. And the talk Marla and I had about having her go through counseling will be much sooner than planned—like right after we get home.

My eyes closed, and I swallowed at the sound of the safety coming off. And just as I opened my eyes and told her to relax, that she didn't have to do this, the gun went off, and I was sprayed with blood. Chadwick's eyes rolled back, and his body went limp.

Releasing my grip on Chadwick and letting him fall, I extended my arm toward Seraphine, holding my palm facing up. "Turn the safety on, then hand me the gun, Seraphine."