21 - Seraphine

I lounged on the patio chair, watching Declan's shirtless body move as he worked the hot grill in the hot summer air, flipping burgers, eyeing his muscular body and how his arms flexed whenever he'd flip the meat. And when he'd turn to face me and wink, heat pooled between my thighs, and my belly fluttered.

This man has had me in a chokehold ever since we arrived at his cabin. The way he looks at me full of love and admiration, the way his eyes are always blazing into mine with desire, the relaxing tone in his voice whenever he talks to me, the way he kisses, lovingly touches, and holds me, and the way he constantly vows he'll keep me safe have me lusting over him so much more.

I've also been exceedingly grateful that Declan hasn't brought up what happened the night I threw myself at him, begging that he fucks me like a savage beast nearly a week ago. I still don't quite understand it, and I've been trying to comprehend why I wanted him to do something I hated. I'm embarrassed by it, and it's not something I care to talk about. Not yet.

Declan freed me from my thoughts when he hovered over me and planted his lips on mine. "Food's done, sweetheart."

My lips smiled against his. "Good. I'm starving."

He sweetly kissed me, causing heat to rush to my cheeks and pussy, and my starving belly to quiver in excitement. I can't get enough of his lips whenever he kisses me; it makes me giddy, thrilled, smile, and want more.

Declan returned the smile. "It's nice seeing you eat again without a fight."

"It's nice being able to eat and drink whatever I want again," I returned since I was only allowed to eat approved foods with Chadwick.

He went back inside the cabin for a moment, and when he returned, I licked my lips when he set down a drink in front of me, saying, "Speaking of drinking whatever you want, here's a Long Island just for you." He flashed me a belly-tickling grin. "You can have all the Long Island's you want around me, Ocean Eyes."

I'd love to drink a few of these tonight, but it's our last night here, and I'd like to give him a gift from me for everything he's done and to show my feelings for him are just as strong as they were years ago. Even though Declan has made our time here relaxing and enjoyable, it was still quite noticeable that something heavy had been weighing on his mind. Any time I asked what was bothering him, he'd smile and say nothing, that he was only thinking about how in heaven he was that he and I were back together. So, I'll give him something I know will help take his mind off whatever's consuming his mind and turn his thinking lips into a smile.

I also want to give him my body without crying and begging for something I don't enjoy, like the last time we were together.

He quietly sat across from me, looking ahead at the water instead of at me while eating his burger. I don't know what's consuming him, and it scares me a little to think it could be about me. Curious if he'd finally tell me, I asked, "So, are you going to tell me what you've been thinking about these last couple of days without telling me the same line you've been feeding me."

His eyes focused away from the water to me. "I'm not feeding you anything I'm not thinking about. You're on my mind twenty-four-seven, Seraphine," he claimed, siping his cognac. Then, after a moment, he finally confessed, "I think about the past, the phone call, me leaving without a word, then returning and seeing you in his arms, moving to Alabama on a whim, getting stupidly drunk and knocking up a woman I had no feelings for. Then I went and married her, thinking it would be the right thing to do, knowing my heart wasn't with her and the hell she's put me through ever since." he paused, then eyed the cognac he lifted before taking a drink, saying, "I think about how after years of dreaming you'd return to me, I have you back." His eyes returned to mine. "But there's also a fear of losing you just as quickly as you returned to me. So, my mind has been a bit consumed with coming up with things to ensure you'll always be safe with me."