32: I Saw Him...

Simon's POV:

Adele was peacefully sleeping beside me, her bare back exposed while the duvet covered her lower half. I gazed at her elegant tattoos, tracing the intricate patterns of the three doves on her shoulder with my fingers. Despite the heartache she had caused me in the past, I couldn't help but feel incredibly fortunate to have someone as amazing as Adele in my life. I will continue to love her for eternity, no matter how many times she has hurt me in the past.

I felt an overwhelming urge to touch her, so I gently ran my fingers over her tattoos. I noticed her take a sharp intake of breath, slowly waking up. I watched with amusement as she tried to piece together what was happening.

"Hi," she greeted me with a smile, stretching her body. "Hey, beautiful," I replied, leaning in slowly to greet her with a passionate kiss.

"This was amazing," she said, running her fingers through my hair.

"It truly was, and it's been so long," I said, continuing to stroke her hair.

"Yeah... I think we really needed this," she said with a smile. Suddenly, she started to remove the duvet, preparing to get up, but I quickly protested.

"And where do you think you're going?" I playfully yanked her arm, causing her to fall on top of me, and I captured her lips in a kiss. She laughed and pushed herself up again.

"I need to go and fetch Angelo soon, and I'm sure Lia wants my help with picking out an outfit for tonight," she said as she wrapped a robe around herself.

"I'm going to miss you," I pouted. "Don't be so dramatic," she said, leaving the room, which made me chuckle.

Ugh, I love that woman.

Lia's POV:

As Queen blared in the background, I struggled to decide what to wear. I was afraid of being overdressed, yet I didn't want to appear too casual.

As if heavens has answered my prayers, Mum walked in.

"Thank goodness, I need your help," I said, pulling her into my closet, which elicited a chuckle from her.

"I have no idea what to wear," I confessed, feeling overwhelmed.

"I thought you were going for a casual look?" she asked, looking puzzled.

"I was, but then I realised how dull that would be," I groaned in frustration.

"Well, what about this dress?" Mum suggested, holding up a red dress.

"Too revealing and too fancy," I dismissed.

"If you're not going to wear something revealing for him, when will you?" Mum teased.

"Mother!" I gasped.

"What? I'm just being honest," she giggled.

"I was thinking something more like this," I said, showing her a jumper with jeans.

"Your gran could dress better than that. Literally," Mum argued.

After much deliberation, Mum finally found the perfect outfit for me.

"This," she said proudly, holding up a forest green dress that hugged my curves perfectly, a trait I inherited from her.

"Yes!" I exclaimed. "What would I do without you?" I asked, relieved.

"Not much," she joked, and I playfully slapped her.

"Slap me one more time and see what happens," she said, feigning sternness, but I knew she was still joking.

"Yes, ma'am," I said, raising my hands in surrender.

"I need to go and pick up Angelo from the football club. Will you be okay without me?" Mum asked as she headed for the door.

"Yes, go ahead. He needs you more than I do right now," I reassured her.

"Okay. See you later then. I love you!" she called out as she left my room.

"I love you too!" I shouted back, admiring how the dress looked on me in the mirror.

****

Adele's POV:

As I parked my car near the football club field, I saw Angelo talking to someone. He looked vaguely familiar, but I couldn't place him from a distance. As soon as Angelo noticed my car, he said his goodbyes and hurried towards me.

"Hey, Mum," he greeted me with a kiss on the cheek as he got into the car.

"Hi, love. Who were you talking to over there?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, just someone you wouldn't know," he replied, and I shrugged, not too concerned.

"So, how was your weekend?" I inquired, knowing he had spent it at a friend's house.

"Okay, I guess," he replied, his mood suddenly somber.

"Just okay? Did something happen?" I asked as I started to reverse the car out of the club's parking lot.

"No, not really. It's just my mind playing tricks on me," he said in frustration.

"What do you mean?" I asked, a little worried now.

"I keep having flashbacks and seeing things that aren't there."

"Like...?" I urged him to continue.

"I keep seeing Rich everywhere," he said nonchalantly.

I immediately hit the brakes, my eyes widening in shock. I take a bit of time to recollect myself before continuing.

"You saw Rich?" My breath caught in my throat, but I tried not to show Angelo my panic.

"Yes, well... no. Like I said, it's just my imagination. One moment he's there, and the next... poof. Gone."

"Angelo, listen to me carefully," I turned towards him, my voice firm.

"If you ever see him again, even if you think it's just your mind playing tricks, you need to call me immediately. Understood?" I said sternly.

"Okay... I will," he said, eyebrows furrowed. "But why are you worried? He's in prison, so I know it's not actually him," he said calmly.

If only he knew.

"You're right, baby. I'm just being silly, but I want you to tell me if it happens again, okay?"

"Okay."

"Also... please don't mention this to Lia. I don't want her to worry unnecessarily," I said. If Lia knew that Angelo might have seen Rich, she would be terrified. She would never leave the house and she probably wouldn't even feel safe in her own home, because she'd probably assume the break in was him as well.

"I won't. This has been happening for a while now, I was just scared to bring it up," he said nonchalantly.

My heart sank.

"How long has this been happening, Angelo?" My heart was almost pumping out of my chest, but I tried to remain calm for Angelo's sake, so I tried to keep my voice steady, but deep down I felt like I was about to have a panic attack.

"About a month."

I let out a breath I didn't realise I was holding.

"Well, as soon as we get home, I'm going to talk to your father about this."

"Okay..." he replied, trying to understand the situation most probably.

"Did I do something wrong...?" he asked innocently.

"No, of course not, baby. I just like to share everything with your dad. Don't worry, you're definitely not in trouble," I reassured him, squeezing his hand to comfort him.

He's not in trouble, but our family might be...