31: You Only Deserve Perfection

Adele's POV:

The phone call...

"Hi, my love. Everything alright?" I asked, stepping away from Lia and Eugene for a bit more privacy.

"Everything is fine, but I wanted to let you know I have some news about the burglar," Simon said, sounding serious.

I let out a relieved sigh. "That's fantastic. Have you been able to identify them?"

"Well, that's the problem... They were wearing a hoodie, which makes it extremely difficult to see their face. It's as if they knew every single angle of the estate's cameras," he said, frustration evident in his voice. "Luckily, we were able to identify the burglar as male. He's definitely muscular."

"That's great news. At least we can narrow down the investigation now," I said, once again relieved. "I've got to go, love. I'll see you at home," I said to Simon, noticing Lia and Eugene getting a bit too cozy for my liking.

"Alright, I love you," Simon's deep voice rang through my ears. I smiled softly before replying, "I love you too."

Back home...

"I can't believe he's asked me out on a second date. I thought after the last one, he didn't really want to see me again," Lia said, taking off her coat and hanging it up on the railing in the living room.

"What do you mean? I thought you said the first date went well?" I asked, confused by her logic.

"It did for me, but he seemed off towards the end. Maybe I was imagining it," she waved off the thought.

"Yeah, I think you were, considering he asked you out on a second date," I said, nudging her shoulder while giving her a cheeky smile.

"Well, I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to wear," she said, carefree.

"Do you know where he is taking you?" I asked, putting on the kettle in the kitchen to make some tea.

"He said we'll be having dinner at his restaurant."

"Wow, must be nice. Imagine having a boyfriend that owns a restaurant. It's like an 'eat all you want buffet'," I joked, then quickly checked the kettle, which had finished boiling.

"He's not my boyfriend," she quickly added.

"Imagine having a husband who is the CEO of a charity organisation that provides water for children in Africa," Simon said, walking into the kitchen, looking handsome as ever.

"Imagine," I said sarcastically, quickly sensing his jealousy. He wrapped his arms around me and gave me a loving kiss.

"Hi," he simply said, staring into my eyes. "Hi," I replied, completely hypnotised by his gaze.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen, may I please get my cup of tea?" Lia said in the background, causing both of us to chuckle.

"Sorry, baby," I said, handing her the tea. "Thank you," she said with a child-like smile.

"Where's Angelo?" She asked after taking a sip of her tea. "Still at a friend's house, which reminds me, I need to pick him up later," I said, getting my phone out and checking for messages from his friend's Mom regarding Angelo.

"I was hoping to spend some time with him before my date tonight. It feels like I haven't seen him in ages," Lia said, pouting.

"Date?" Simon's eyes widened as he registered what his daughter said.

"Another date? Two in one week? This boy better watch out because I'll be standing ready with my shotgun," Simon said threateningly, a gesture both Lia and I knew was just his protective side.