26: The Drop Off

Lia's POV:

"Oh my days, Lia, you look absolutely stunning!" Mum exclaimed as I came out of the bathroom to show her my final outfit. I just looked at myself in the mirror and smiled widely as this dress made me feel so beautiful and elegant.

"This boy isn't going to be able to keep his hands off of you when he sees you in this," Mum smirked.

"Mum!" I turned around and snapped at her. "What? I'm just telling the truth, sweetheart," she said as she fixed my hair for me.

"Well, he's not touching anything until I think he's worthy," I said as I adjusted the strap of my beautiful dress.

"I've taught you well," Mum smiled proudly. "By the way, where are you guys going tonight?" she asked as she cleared her voice, almost seeming suspicious.

"I actually don't know; he's coming to pick me up." I've just realised how that could possibly be dangerous, but I don't think I have anything to worry about.

"Well, just make sure to keep your location on your phone at all times. I'll come and pick you up in a heartbeat if anything happens."

"I don't think you need to worry, Mum. He seems like a trustworthy guy," I explained to her.

"Seems like doesn't work for me, so keep your location on, baby." She kissed the side of my head.

Suddenly, I heard my phone make a ping noise, indicating I got a notification. I looked at it, and it was Eugene.

'I'll be there to pick you up in 5 minutes ;)'

A smile automatically made its way onto my face. I started to type back: See you then xxx

"Okay, he's here in 5 minutes. Can you by any chance take me to the gate? I don't want him to know which house is ours in the estate."

"Sure, honey," Mum said with a tight-lipped smile.

As Mum and I started to make our way out of the house, I heard Dad shout my name. "Lia!"

"Yes, Dad?" I yelled back.

"Come here, Bubs!"

"Dad, I'm going to be late," I yelled back while giggling as I quickly ran to him.

The second he saw me, he gasped, staring at me with so much admiration.

"Where is my little girl and what have you done with her?" he asked defensively. "Dad," I giggled.

"You look absolutely stunning, Li," he said as he approached me and hugged me tightly.

"Thank you, Dad." I said with a pouty smile. "You make me feel so beautiful," I said, almost becoming emotional.

"It's because you are, Bubs," he said as he lifted my chin and kissed my forehead. "Enjoy your first date," he said with so much gentleness.

"I will," I said as I released myself from the hug and started to walk towards the door.

"And remember, no holding hands yet! That's too far! Especially no hugging!" he yelled at me from the living room.

I just laughed as a response. "Bye Dad, I love you!" I quickly shut the door behind me and ran to the car.

"Let's get this show on the road," Mum said as she put on her sunglasses.

***

Adele's POV:

As we started to approach the gate, there were a few people sitting on the grass with cameras right outside the gate. Bloody paparazzi.

"Okay, baby. He might need to come into the estate to pick you up," I explained to her.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea."

She got her phone out and texted him. He replied quite quickly and told her that it was no problem.

We sat there for a while, and this gave me the opportunity to secretly text my bodyguards who were waiting somewhere in the estate to follow Lia. There was no way that I was going to send her off onto this date alone.

It just brings me closure to know that she'll be safe with my security looking after her.

Secretly, of course.

If she finds out she was being spied on tonight, someone was going to get fired for sure.

"Here he is," she said nervously.

He parked his stunning Porsche next to our car and got out of the car with a bouquet of tulips in his hand.

"Oh my days, Bubs. Those are your favourite! He even got the pink and white mix right," I said excitedly.

"I'm telling you, Mum. This guy is a dream come true."

"Well, I hope you enjoy your night, baby," I said as I quickly pecked her cheek and watched her get out of the car.

"I love you, and please be safe," I quickly bid another goodbye.

"I will, and I love you too," she said with her beautiful smile.

I watched as the two of them united and hugged each other. If Simon were to see this, he would freak out, which is why he didn't come with to drop her off. I can't believe she's growing up so fast.

As they finished greeting each other, Eugene guided her to the car, keeping his hand on her lower back.

"Watch it, buddy boy," I whispered to myself while I stared at his hand placement.

He opened the door for her and allowed her to get into his car.  "That's more like it," I commented sassily. At least he was also being a gentlemen.

As they drove off and went through the gates, the paparazzi didn't even pay attention to them, probably because they didn't recognise the car. Just as the gate closed, I saw my bodyguard's car approach the gate. They rolled down their windows and signaled me to do the same.

"Thank you guys for taking this time to look after my baby," I said politely. I kind of felt bad to call them in on their day off, but I really wanted to ensure Lia was safe, plus they're getting a fat paycheck, so I don't actually feel that bad.

"No worries, Miss Adkins. We'll ensure that she's safely returned home."

"And remember, if she figures out she's being watched, you guys are going to be in huge trouble," I said a little more sternly, trying to bring that boss lady out of me. It doesn't take a lot for that side of me to make an appearance.

"Yes, Ma'am," he said with a smirk and rolled up his window.

I rolled mine up as well and said to myself, "Oh boy, I better start praying now," and I let out a sigh I didn't even know I was holding.