Bella inhales, glancing at me. "Actually, dad, there's this treatment facility in Switzerland—"

"Switzerland?" He echoes, now sounding bewildered. "What do you mean Switzerland, Bella?"

"Dad," She sighs. "i'll only be there for a couple weeks. Then I'll be home." A lie. "Just picture me there with you, eating pizza."

"You want me to visualize?"

"Just for a little. It'll help." She pauses. "It'll make me feel better." She glances down at her lap, but I already saw the tears forming in her eyes. As did Edward, who hovers near the coach with a cup of blood. "Dad, I gotta go, okay?"

"Bella—"

She inhales shakily, her breath hitching in her throat. "I love you." And then she hangs up, dropping the phone on the cushion between us.

Edward steps forward, placing the cup of blood onto the coffee table in front of the couch, replacing the empty one. He kneels in front of Bella, grasping her hand.

"I hate doing this to him." She says.

I nod. "Yeah, it sucks." I glance at the cup of blood, raising an eyebrow. "Didn't you just drink one?"

"She needs as much as she can get." Edward says to me, voice quick.

I glare at him. "Aren't we running low?"

But before Edward can answer my question, the front door down the stairs opens, I can hear Jacob's heartbeat as he enters. Carlisle's soft voice floats up the stairs shortly after.

"We need to discuss something with you, if you will."

Jacob takes a second to respond. "What is it?"

I listen, feeling nosy. Bella silently sips her blood, patting her stomach as Edward looks at her.

"Follow me." Carlisle says, and then their footsteps become further and further away until they enter Carlisle's office, where I can no longer hear. I frown, wanting to eavesdrop. I stand up, deciding to just go into his office anyways. Edward already knows what Carlisle wants to talk to Jacob about, so it isn't exactly a secret.

"Where are you going?" Bella asks.

I turn to look at her. "To see something. I'll be back, so you won't miss me too much." I playful smile at her.

She scoffs, but then quickly smiles back. "Okay."

I make my way for Carlisle's office, heading up the stairs and past the rooms to the end of the hallway. The door is closed, so I quickly rap my knuckles against the wood, waiting a second and then opening the door.

Esme, Carlisle and Jacob are already glancing my way when I look inside, a bag of blood on the table between them.

"Sorry, I'm nosy." I state.

Esme cracks a smile as Carlisle begins to speak. "No worries. We were discussing a little... predicament with Jacob."

I feel my eyebrows furrow. "What kind of predicament?"