2 - whispers.

—

MY peaceful, music filled alone-time is rudely disturbed by Bella charging into my room, passport in hand.

I spring up from my bed and scurry over to her, my eyes bulge out of their sockets. "...Why are you carrying your passport?" I ask incredulously, scanning her up and down with my eyes.

"Um," she fidgets with her fingers, "Edward needs help... in Italy."

"No."

"But he's gonna--"

"I don't care."

Bella stares up at me with wide eyes that are filled to the brim with sorrow; the same eyes she would give me when we were young and she wanted to play with my barbies but I wouldn't let her. "Please, Ellie? He's going to get himself hurt and I-- I can't let him." She pleads.

I can feel her desperation.

I press my lips into a line and tilt my head to the side. "Fine," Bella smiles at me, one that is saying thank you, and spins around to leave my room. "But--I'm going with you."

She halts and reels backwards. "No, Els."

"I'm not letting you travel to fucking Italy alone." I state, grabbing my purse and throwing it over my shoulder.

"I won't be alone, Alice will be there." Bella argues.

I scoff, shoving my phone, earbuds, and wallet into my bag. "That girl is odd, and I don't think I trust you leaving the country with her."

"Odd?" A high, dazzling voice echoes from my doorway. I avert my eyes in the direction and see Alice staring at Bella and I, her eyes now a bright gold rather than a shade resembling obsidian. "You can trust me with your sister, Ellie, I love Bella like she's my sister." Alice insists.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I'm going." I push past Bella and Alice into the hallway, my feet clunk down the stairs. Theres a note to my dad from Bella on the table, vaguely informing him of where she is running off to.

I grab the pen and write my own little note in the corner that reads; hey, dad, your eldest daughter here! yes, Bella is going to Italy, and im going with her, only because I don't want my baby sister to end up lost, so... don't be angry at me please! love you, Ellie ♥︎

I hope the heart will lessen his anger, though I suspect it probably won't.

Alice and Bella pass me, and are nearing the front door, but Alice skids to a stop unexpectedly. Bella stares at the side of her face with her head dipped to the side.