8, seattle.

—

4 DAYS LATER
VOLTERRA, ITALY.

"HURRY and pack, we are going to Seattle."

Demetri stares up at Jane, perplexed. "What?"

"Pack. We need to head to Seattle." Jane says, her voice cold and filled with superiority.

Demetri scoffs at her demands. "I do not take orders from you, Jane."

Jane narrows her eyes and then Demetri is on the floor, writhing in sudden agony. "You will. Aro has given me instructions. If you do not listen to me, Caius will deal with you, and I doubt you'd like what he'd do." Jane smiles a malicious, yet child like, smile. She turns on her heel and exits the room, relieving Demetri of her torture.

Demetri collects himself and slowly walks to his room, trying not to mull over the fact that he'll be so close to Ellie, yet likely unable to see her.

He packs his bags with a frown, and when he arrives to the large Volturi garage, his frown is even deeper.

"My lord, you sure look weepy." Felix comments from the drivers seat of a sleek Escalade.

Demetri ignores him as he climbs into the car.

"He's depressed it seems." Alec adds. "Poor chap."

"I bet it's that stuck up little human again." Jane says. "He's always pouting over her."

"Why are we going to Seattle, Jane?" Demetri asks sharply, ignoring everyones jabs.

"A newborn army has been created and the masters want us to asses the situation." Jane answers.

"A newborn army? Why is this the first time we've heard of this?" Felix asks.

"Because the masters entrusted me with the information up until now, of course." Janes brags.

"And what are we doing with said army? Eradicating them?" Felix continues his questions. The car now travels down the roads of Italy, towards their private airport.

"Maybe. Aro left the decision up to me... though the masters would not mind if the army wiped out the Cullen clan..." Jane laughs vindictively. "But we will see."

In his seat, all Demetri can think about is Ellie being so close to the army. He feels nearly nauseas with worry. He knows vampires and he knows how they are when they've just turned, they're out of control and know no discipline—so to have them near his soulmate wracks him with fear.