Chapter- 18

Safiya could not sleep after that call because that unknown boy kept calling her and sending her innumerable messages. When she blocked one number, he called from another one. This kept going until Safiya switched off her phone. Safiya was feeling really bad and helpless. She cried so much. It was now 4:30 am, Safiya decided to take a cold shower and calm herself. When she looked into the mirror, she felt heartbroken by her red puffy eyes. If her Dadi was alive today, she would have hugged her, and Safiya would have felt better in a moment. If Abbu was alive today, he would have also cried with her, as could not bear tears in his princess's eyes. Safiya sighed. Her father and grandmother left her so early that she was not prepared for it. She told herself, " it is also a fact that no one could ever be prepared for losing their loved ones. Life is unpredictable and uncertain. Only Allah knows what holds for us in the next moment."

After a cold shower, Safiya prayed the fajr prayer and went to the kitchen to prepare her breakfast. Safiya did not really feel like eating something, but she needed to. Safiya has had problems with low blood pressure and blood sugar from her childhood, and it strikes really hard when she is stressed because every time due to stress, she does not eat properly. Previously, Dadi used to make her eat with all emotional blackmailing but now she is no more. So Safiya has to eat all by herself.
After eating breakfast forcefully, she got ready for the day. Today, her interview was a little bit far from her home. She had to travel thirty minutes by bus, yesterday's interviews were at the distance of twenty minutes travel by bus.
Her interview is at 11:00 am, and thus she left home at 9:30 am.

Safiya reached her interview venue at 10:20 am. It was a twenty-five storied building, named Platonic, but her destination was on the seventeenth floor. By saying the name of Allah, Safiya entered the building and went to the nearby lift. She pressed button 17 with shivering hands after entering the lift. After the long one minute, she reached her destined floor. It is an architectural firm, whose name is InnoDesign. It was newly formed, and because of that, they are recruiting potential graduates. The whole place was crowded with people. Safiya knew her interview room number from the reception and went to the front of that room and in the specified seating arrangements. At 11:10 a.m., Safiya was called for an interview. Although Safiya was immensely nervous, she entered the interview room confidently. Her interview went really well. All the interviewers were very happy with her answers. They told her to wait for their response. Within the upcoming two days, she will receive a confirmation email if she is selected for the post.

When Safiya was done with her interview, it was 11:30 am. So she decided to buy a new sim card for her phone before going home. After all that incident of yesterday night, she decided to change her number.

Assalamu Alaikum, everyone. Hope all of you are fine by the grace of Allah. This is my first ever writing. Everyone, please support and encourage me to keep writing.
Thanks in advance for your love.