Chapter- 05

Since that Sunday, one week had passed, and everyone had returned to their busy daily lives. Safiya found herself enjoying a peaceful moment in the evening, sipping on her coffee and watching TV in the living room. Suddenly, Faizan entered the room with his phone in hand and lounged on the sofa, engrossed in whatever was on his screen. It was at that moment that he questioned Safiya about her decision to wear the hijab at home. "Why do you wear the hijab in the house? You can remove it here, can't you?" he asked.

Safiya felt a surge of irritation at his question, but she took a deep breath and composed herself before responding. "I choose to wear the hijab at home because there are male staff members present, including you, my cousin. All of you are my non-mahrams, which is why I continue to wear hijab at home as well," she explained calmly. With that, she turned off the TV and retreated to her room.

As she lay in bed, Safiya could hear the muffled voices of her father and grandmother engaged in conversation. It had caught her attention earlier that her father had returned home earlier than usual, and now it seemed that something important was unfolding in the other room. Her curiosity was piqued, mingled with a hint of worry as she pondered the unexpected turn of events.

Soon, her father, Wasim, entered the room and beckoned her to sit. As he settled down beside her, he broke the news that took her by surprise. He had arranged her marriage to Daniyal Sheikh, the son of Osman Sheikh and Samina Noor, and the nikkah ceremony was set to take place next Friday,  which  was just in three days.

Safiya's mind reeled at the suddenness of the announcement. "Abbu, my nikkah... isn't it too early? I don't think I'm ready yet, I still haven't thought about my wedding, " she stammered, struggling to comprehend the situation.

Her grandmother, Hajiya Banu, joined them and offered a calming reassurance. She explained that the nikkah was planned on short notice because Daniyal was visiting San Francisco to meet his parents, and he would only be available for a short period. Besides that, on Friday, only the nikkah will be done, and her Safiya's graduation, her rukhsati will happen. Hajiya Banu urged Safiya to trust their judgment and assured her that they had carefully considered Daniyal's suitability as a prospective partner.

Overwhelmed by the unexpected turn of events and mindful of her family's wishes, Safiya eventually acquiesced, promising to comply with their decision. She stepped out of the room, her mind swirling with contradictory emotions.

Later that night, Safiya awoke to perform tahajjud prayer, seeking solace and guidance in her devotion. As she poured out her anxieties and fears in her silent prayers, she implored Allah to grant her strength and ease her burdens.

In Sheikh's house,

Meanwhile, in the Sheikh household, Osman and Samina were elated by the positive response from Wasim. As they made their way home from the visit, they marvelled at their shared intuition about Safiya's suitability for Daniyal. "Safiya will be perfect for Daniyal," they mused, sharing a lighthearted moment of synchronicity. In the week leading up to their visit, they had prepared themselves to broach the subject with Wasim and had successfully convinced Daniyal to consider Safiya as a potential partner.

As they envisioned a future union between Safiya and Daniyal, their hearts swelled with hope and anticipation. They could hardly contain their excitement at the thought of the young couple's potential happiness.

Our hero is arriving at the next chapter.
So stay tuned lovies.

Feel free to comment down your opinions.

Assalamu Alaikum, everyone. Hope all of you are fine by the grace of Allah. This is my first ever writing. Everyone, please support and encourage me to keep writing.
Thanks in advance for your love.