thirty six.

༻✧༺

"stop moving." bella whispered, pulling her legs closer into her body to give amber some more space.

"sorry, but this isn't the cosiest place i can fit in!" she quietly whispered back, trying to get into a comfortable position where it didn't feel like her joints would snap. after hearing the sound of the front door, the two girls had panicked and ran into the first spot they could hide in, praying they wouldn't get caught. unfortunately, the wall fitted wardrobe was a lot smaller than they had anticipated and so they could only hope that whoever came in to the house, wasn't about to enter this room. 

however, much to bella's dismay, the door to the bedroom creaked open and in entered the owner of the room as she seemed to be searching for something.

"where did i put it?" she mumbled to herself, searching through her desk. bella could just about make her out through the small gap between the doors, watching as she frantically looked around the room for something. 

"eleanor?" amber very quietly mumbled in confusion as bella leaned back and away from the gap, trying to keep quiet but her leg accidentally knocked against the door. the two girls who were hidden away shared a look of shock as they could hear eleanor's actions come to a sudden halt.

"hello?" she spoke aloud, confusion mixed with fear clear in her tone. "is anyone there?" she was looking directly at the wardrobe as she said this, aware that the sound had come from there. 

amber and bella began panicking, realising that she was now walking towards them and it wouldn't be long until they were caught. 

"do something!" amber whispered as bella looked around, praying that a hole would just open up and swallow them so that they didn't have to face the embarrassment and horror of having eleanor find them. 

as if hearing her thoughts, her ring began to glow and amidst her panicking, her hands brushed against a dent on the back of the wardrobe, activating the trap door as it swallowed both girls and they rolled back behind the wardrobe and into a new room.