twenty six.

༻✧༺

"bella." the said girl looked up in disbelief, hoping that she would've been able to just go home and avoid this interaction. "your grandmother called us." she sighed, mentally scolding herself for not guessing that her grandmother was definitely the type to do that to ensure that she attended the ceremony. "get in." 

bella stared at the open door of the car, reluctant to follow the instructions given to her. however, she wasn't left with much choice as the woman glared at her, clearly ready to put up a fight if bella didn't listen. so the girl kept her head low and entered the vehicle in silence. 

"where is she going?" amber, who had been walking behind the girl, was about to go and catch up with her when she froze in her steps as the scary looking lady approached bella. she had kept her distance as she tried to figure out what that lady was doing with bella, however, it proved futile as she couldn't hear a single word they had exchanged. she quickly stepped out of the shadows as the car began driving down the road, hurrying to see what direction it left in. 

"what are you looking at?" the sudden voice startled amber as she turned around to find jerome stood behind her, following her gaze and trying to figure out what had her attention. amber pursed her lips, having heard from bella what had happened earlier today, she definitely wasn't team jella anymore. especially since mara was someone who had gotten between her relationship with mick, it only made amber even more angry.

"some lady took bella." she answered nonchalantly, curious about how he would respond.

"what?" he turned to amber, concern clear in his features. "i knew this was going to happen, i warned her, you and your weird gang have probably put her in danger and―"

"she went willingly." amber cut the boy off, glaring at him. "it looked like a relative." she lied, she didn't actually get a glimpse of the woman, but she didn't like the way jerome spoke as if he cared about bella.

"oh." his volume quickly dropped as he avoided her gaze. "i didn't know she had relatives here." he mumbled, clearly embarrassed at his earlier outburst. 

"yeah, well," the blonde rolled her eyes, clearly no longer interested in the conversation. "maybe if you could actually pick a girl, then you'd learn a thing or two."  she jabbed at the boy, clearly hitting a nerve.