thirteen.

༻✧༺

"help!" amber screamed as bella shouted out in pain, holding her hand over her eyes, waiting for the strange sensation to subside.

"we're gonna try to get you guys out, what can you see back there?" the two heard fabian's voice, holding onto each other as they were afraid to lose their spot. 

"nothing! and i mean nothing!" amber responded, panic clear in her voice as her grip around bella's arm tightened.

"there was a big light beam and it hit our eyes and now they don't work!" bella shouted, doing her best to explain the situation. "get us out of here!" she screamed, the panic settling in as the two banged against the shelf, trying to push it back in hopes that they would return to the room.

a second later, the two felt the shelf move again, like it had done the first time, until hands grabbed the two of them and guided them gently towards the sofa and sat them down. 

"to those who trespass to where they do not belong, the beacon of light is your warning song, your eyes shall not see, all shall be dark, until ra completes his blazing arc."

"ra?" nina questioned.

"the sun god," fabian answered. "he represents the sun's arc. from dawn to dusk."

"so the blazing arc lasts one day?" nina questioned as fabian silently nodded his head in response. however, this didn't get past amber and bella as they realised that they would be blind for twenty four hours. 

"woaaahhh, back up. i won't be able to see for a whole day? as in twenty four hours?" amber questioned. "I have a beauty regime, this doesn't just happen!" she angrily shouted, clearly frustrated at the lack of sight. 

"the real question is, how do we get away with it?" bella questioned, voicing their concerns. "i don't think two blind people will go unnoticed by the others."