twenty one.

༻✧༺

luckily they all made it back in time for the ball. bella held her mask against her eyes as she walked around, surprised at how pretty they had managed to make the student lounge look with their limited supplies and abilities. the mask she had been given was white with green and gold accents which complimented her dress nicely, she had to give jerome props for finding something so pretty. however, she couldn't enjoy the party for too long, when the sudden sound of an electric guitar strum caught her attention.

turning her head to the source of the sound, she approached the curtains where her classical quintet was supposed to be playing. however, horror washed over her features as her eyes widened in surprise, quick to realise that there was not in fact a quintet standing behind it.

"rock on!" the aggravating voice caught her attention as she peered over her shoulder, finding eddie leaning over her as he excitedly stared at the heavy metal band stood up on the stage, clearly happy with the choice of the band. 

"what is this?" she questioned, panic settling in as she knew joy would be chewing her ear off. "i booked a quintet!" 

"i count five." eddie not so helpfully commented as he counted the members. "that's a quintet, right?" he shamelessly teased the girl.

"a classical quintet." bella snapped, speaking through clenched teeth. 

"this is a classic!" eddie exclaimed, a little too happily for bella's liking. the girl finally put the pieces together, realising what was going on as her head slowly turned to face eddie. 

"you did this?" she seethed, eddie's smile finally dropping off his face as guilt washed over, knowing that her tone of voice was a threat to his safety. bella stepping back as he followed suite, facing the girl head on as he feared for what she was going to throw at him.

"oh?" eddie scoffed, getting in before she could open her mouth. "because i'm a rebel?" he questioned, hurt clear in his tone as he reversed the roles. "they wear all black, and you just assume all us rejects know each other." bella was taken aback by his words, not realising that he would take offense to her accusation.