eight.

༻✧༺

bella sighed as she shut her locker door. she had done her best to avoid jerome all day, and it was going pretty well considering they shared all their classes together, and he had tried to approach her on multiple occasions to which she would run into the nearest girls bathroom to get away. she still didn't know why he was being so dramatic, all she did was help his sister out and now she was getting the heat for nothing. it's not like she knew there was some deep dark secret that poppy wasn't meant to find out about.

"i can't believe you deleted all my photos!" bella turned around at the familiar voice, catching sight of poppy walking up to jerome and alfie as they walked through the double doors.

"i had to take action."

"you're evil, those photos are mine." poppy argued back, her voice wavering slightly.

"why do you even want photos of me on your phone anyway, poppy?" the boy questioned, curiosity getting the better of him as he wondered why the sister who always bullied him was suddenly defensive over his pictures. poppy tore her gaze away, unable to look him in the eye as she answered.

"i... like them," she admitted with a shrug. jerome didn't seem to believe her, as he took in a deep breath.

"loser."

"they remind me of when they were taken." she continued, ignoring his comment, but this only seemed to confuse jerome even more. "like, my recital. mum dodged it, but you came." the boy faltered slightly as he seemed to soften up at her answer, a sigh escaping his lips.

"the photos are stored on my laptop, you can have them back." he reluctantly offered. "well, most of them." he quickly added, remembering the embarrassing pictures she had of him.

"and what about dad's letter?" she added, pushing her luck.

"don't push it, poopy." jerome shook his head, ending the conversation as he walked past her with alfie. however, the two didn't get far as jerome met bella's gaze, the girl getting caught eavesdropping before she had a chance to escape. he opened his mouth to say something, but bella wasted no time in escaping the situation before he could say anything else.