three.

༻✧༺

school. 

school was what bella was rushed to so early in the morning by amber millington. the girl had been chosen to show bella around and help her get organised with her timetable, and apparently amber was taking that very seriously. although, it was hard to get angry at amber, as ditzy as people perceived her to be, she was a really good person who only ever wanted the best for people ― and bella could definitely see that with the way that she spoke about her friends.

the two entered their classroom together, amber going on about who knows what as they both sat together. bella had stopped paying attention a long time ago, it was hard to concentrate on what amber was saying half the time anyway since the subject would change so quickly. she guessed that it was easier to just stay quiet and do her best to listen, although she was quick to lose track.

finally the teacher entered the classroom, causing the students to quiet down as amber finally stopped talking. "morning." she greeted with a smile, clearly happy to be back. it didn't take long for her to recognise the unfamiliar face, remembering that she had been told there would be a few new students joining this year. 

"morning mrs andrews." the students responded monotonously ― clearly excited to be back too.

"i believe we have a new student joining us today?" bella mentally groaned, knowing exactly what was going to follow her question. this was one of the things she hated the most about moving schools. "why don't you come up and introduce yourself?"

bella sighed, standing up and walking over to the teacher. she turned around to face the students, nervousness washing over her as she was met with the stares of unfamiliar faces mixed in with the residents of anubis house. the girl was unable to focus as her mind suddenly became jumbled and she couldn't bring herself to say anything. 

however, her eyes suddenly met amber's, the girl silently cheering her on which surprisingly calmed bella down as she returned the smile. "hi," she began awkwardly. "my name is bella kim, i'm here on the foreign exchange program and moved from china. i'll be studying here for the next four years, so i hope we can get along." she finished, although right on cue, her stomach rumbled ― reminding the girl that she didn't even get a bite of breakfast this morning.