Whispers

When they got home, Y/N showered with the girls so they could go down for a late nap. The two chunky babies were exhausted from the sun and swimming.

"Lucius, I was thinking. What if you extend an invitation to the golden trio? For the pool party I mean. It would be nice if Draco and Harry could end this bad blood. We are going to be working with him. He might feel more at ease if his friends come with," Y/N asked hopefully.

"Not a terrible idea. I will need to ask Draco first just because the party is for him. I don't want to upset him with the presence of Potter the day before he gets married," Lucius chuckled softly.

"Promise me you will ask Draco," she told him blankly. "Why do you want to see Potter so bad?" Severus grumbled. "We have things to discuss. He doesn't have to come to the party. Do you know where he is staying? I could write to him and ask him to meet me," she replied.

"Absolutely not," both of the men scoffed in unison. "I'm not asking either of you for permission. I'm going to meet with him and talk. I want him to tell me everything he knows about Tom Riddle or Voldemort. I'm starting to worry that I don't have enough of the picture. I was after all kept far away from everything that was happening," she reminded Severus.

"What do you believe you will find that is useful to you? He was a madman. We are done discussing this. I don't want to hear another word about it," Severus hissed.

"Perhaps you're nervous I'll find out about things you did during the war. Both of you," Y/N looked back and forth between the men.

"So, your little friend Potter didn't confide in you?" Lucius glared at her. "No, he did something else in me," she grinned. "One of the greatest wizards of all time came in my mouth and my ass," she teased the men.

"Do you have a fucking death wish?" Severus hissed at her as he walked over grabbing her by the shirt.

"Fuck me until I can't walk Daddy," she grinned up at him before bopping him on the nose playfully. "Neither of us are fucking you until you can act appropriately," Severus glared at her before releasing her again to pace around the room.

"Do you have his address on file at Hogwarts? Perhaps he's staying with the Weasleys," Y/N asked him blankly after staring into the distance.

"What has brought all of this on? The men we apprehended from the village are in Azkaban by now," Severus questioned her sternly. "I keep hearing whispers. The faintest voice, I cannot describe it. It started after I took those mushrooms. Maybe I unlocked something in my consciousness," she said with a pensive face.

"When were you planning on telling me this? Never?" Severus questioned her angrily. "I wanted to hear what it said before I told you," she replied blankly.

"What did it say? Is it possible this is related to your condition? Perhaps it's time you go back to therapy. You looked almost catatonic the other morning when your grandmother was here," he inquired.

"I need to talk to Harry," she replied as she started biting her nails staring into the distance. "Enemies of the heir beware," she replied finally.

"Perhaps it was a nightmare about your time at Hogwarts, when the chamber was opened. All of the students were in the hallway when it was discovered. Those words were written on the wall in the corridor," Severus offered softly.

"I wasn't there. I was out of the castle. You have no idea how hard it was to get back into my dorm that night," she sighed. "I hate that I'm about to agree with her. Perhaps we do need Potter," Lucius grumbled.

"Do you think I don't know the difference between a dream and a voice when I'm fully awake? It was as if you were speaking to me in your head, but it wasn't you," she asked in an irritated voice.

"How are you going to feel when you find out unsavory things about both of us?" Lucius asked her nervously.

"I'll do my best to remember who you both are now. I would prefer to never dig into any of this. My ignorance was my peace. As long as he has followers, he's never truly gone," she replied with a sigh.

"You're blocking me," she whispered a moment later. She turned to look at Severus, "What are you hiding?" she questioned suspiciously. "Things that are not your fucking business," Severus hissed at her.