Family Night

Later closer to dinner, Lucius came for a visit. "Oh, I was hoping we were doing naked dinner again," he teased as he walked over to the kitchen island. "Not tonight, I'm afraid. This is frog dinner," Y/N remarked as she stood in a green frog onesie cutting up vegetables for Severus.

Lucius walked over giving Y/N a little peck before going to whisper something to Severus. "I know we aren't keeping secrets," Y/N told the men as she cut the carrots. "Surprises only," Severus replied from the stove.

"Very well. I do enjoy being spoiled," Y/N remarked with pursed lips and a raised eyebrow. "So I've heard," Lucius remarked as he went to lay his suit jacket over the back of the sofa. He rolled his sleeves up while Y/N watched him carefully.

"What is it about a man rolling his shirt sleeves up? Now if only those forearms were covered in tattoos I would be a puddle on the floor," she teased.

Lucius looked her over with a little smirk, "It's impossible to take you seriously when you're wearing that," he replied.

"Good thing I never take myself seriously. Listen, if you do wish to get a tattoo, at my insistence. I can draw you something. I'm trying to get Severus to get tattooed, but he keeps telling me he will think about it," she replied.

"I have never seen your drawings, at least not more than a passing glance. You will have to show me some time," Lucius remarked as he leaned over the counter next to her.

"I'll show you the book we made for the girls as well. It's about that stupid cat of ours. He's a secret wizard when we are out for the day. You know, as I stand here saying that, maybe I knew the whole time," she chuckled.

"I would love to see it, little bird," he replied. Y/N's eyes lit up, "That's it. The idea for my next book. Magnus and Atlas adventures," she announced. "I thought you were doing Sam for your next one," Severus huffed.

"She's so boring. I feel so uninspired when I think of doing a book about her," Y/N grumbled. "I think Magnus and Atlas would be wonderful muses for your next book," Lucius remarked cheekily.

"You know I have to add Miss Maggie as well. She can have a tiny part in it," Y/N grinned at him. "Can't stop yourself, can you?" he asked her playfully. "No, she cannot. If she knows something bothers you, she will do it endlessly," Severus remarked from the stove playfully.

"Lucius, what is your favorite animal? Not your favorite to hunt but just in general," she asked him curiously. "I saw a pack of arctic wolves once in Greenland. I dare say those are my favorite. Beautiful creatures," he replied.

"Oh, I love that answer. Wolves are fantastic creatures. I want to make you a little white wolf for your desk. I make these little crochet stuffed toys, I suppose they are. I made Severus a bat, a raven, and a green snake for his office," she replied with a grin.

"You can call me Daddy in front of him," Severus reminded her as he came over for the vegetables she had been cutting. "You're correct, I can. As soon as I say that though, everyone thinks it's playtime," she teased him.

Lucius followed Y/N to the nursery to retrieve the girls from their little early evening nap. "Oh no, I'm coming," Y/N giggled as she walked into the nursery, turning the light on. Charlotte was sitting up in her crib fussing as the light came on.

"Oh, that's new," Y/N smiled as she went to pick her up. "She'll start trying to get out of her crib soon," Lucius teased as he picked up the always happy Stevie. Y/N made a labored sound as she picked up the hefty baby to take her to the changing table.

"You're right, we need to move the mattress down. I'm going to need a step stool to put them in the crib from now on," Y/N remarked. "I had a really good time with you today when we were riding. Do you think that is something you will want to continue doing with me?" Lucius asked with a little grin.