Vol 3.4: Island special exam- Part IV

Yusane-Pov.

(4h30 am. Second day of the test.)

I was now walking through the forest, back to my class camp.

I just found and successfully occupied 11 spots scattered across the island and returned the card to Class B so they can use it tomorrow morning. I'm not sure if that's all the bases on this island or if I missed it somewhere, but I think that's enough.

It's now around 4:30 am, it only took me more than 10 minutes to move through each spot in this first time. If I make a complete map, I can effectively determine the trajectory of movement between spots.

I thought that when I got back to camp everyone would be asleep and I could sneak in quietly without anyone knowing.

But surprisingly, when I came back, I met someone who was still awake.

"Hirata!?"

"Ieri-san? Wait! Did you just come back now?" He asked.

"Ehhh....Hehe... Teehee~~☆"

"W-Why are you.... What are you doing outside so late?!"

"Ehh~ Some kind of secret mission. Nevermind, you can make sure that I'll be here when teacher take attendance."

"No that's not the problem!" Hirata said in a serious tone but still tried to keep his voice down "The problem here is what if you get injured or something? Discovering the island at night is very dangerous you know?"

I walked out to the burning fire and sat down, waving my hands "Alright~ I'll pay more attention next time okay?"

Hirata sighed helplessly, he also sat down next to the fire opposite me. Both were silent, saying nothing.

And Hirata was the first to speak.

"Hey.... Ieri-san."

"Uhm? What's the matter?" I responded.

Hirata, he looked at me for a short time before continuing to speak "Uhm... You see. We've been classmates for about 3 months, right? People are gradually making friends and have already formed their own groups."

"You see. Ieri-san doesn't seem to be unwilling to interact with people or antisocial. I think...you should start talking and making friends with more people in class. I'm not forcing you...but the more friends you have, the better, right? So that when we encounter difficulties, there will be someone to help us."

Basically he wanted me to go out and make more friends. Maybe he was afraid that I would be isolated or bullied.

I have to say that these words are pretty good.

"That's....a good though on you. It's exactly as you said, I just have few friends"

"Yeah really? So could you..."

But.

"However, I feel like having few friends has never been my problem."

"..."

"At the time when I was in...elementary school, I used to think that 'Yeah I must have a lot of friends, that I must get to know everyone in the class from class to class. So that I can have a lot of friends to play with and have a lot of relationships.'"

"But until later I felt it was meaningless. Back then, I was so naive and stupid that everyone who asked me would help, anyone who borrowed money would lend me money, but they wouldn't even fucking pay it back. But I still play with them."