.Chapter Twenty.

Mikey and Gerard stared at each other for the longest time without saying anything.

"I didn't kiss him Gerard." Mikey sighed. "I almost did but Katy ruined it."

"So..." Gerard trailed off. "You wanted to kiss him?"

Mikey shrugged, "kind of." He stood up and pulled Gerard in the room and closed the door behind the both of them. "I've never thought of myself as gay though. But talking with Ray made me realize that I have nothing in common with Alicia and we've only kissed like twice and those two times were awkward as shit not to mention a little gross."

"Can I tell you a secret?" Gerard almost whispered.

Mikey raised an eyebrow but nodded nonetheless. Why was Gerard whispering exactly?

He blushed. "The only guy I've ever kissed was Frank." He whispered, and Mikey wasn't sure whether to be okay with this or not. They weren't related, but they were living underneath the same roof. So...really, how?

"I've never kissed a girl either because...I've never liked them. Of course you probable already knew this but-"

"Hold on." Mikey interrupted. "You've kissed our stepbrother on the lips?" He nodded. "How many times?" Gerard shrugged and Mikey let out an exasperated sigh as he fell back onto the small bed. "What if mom finds out?"

"Hey!" Gerard said with wide eyes. "Technically Frank isn't our stepbrother because his dad died so he's just a kid living with us, even though technically shouldn't he have moved in with his mom..?"

"No." A new voice said. The door opening and closing behind them. "If we don't tell then I don't have too."

Mikey snickered. "Mom should be able to keep him, but I don't know." He shrugged.

Frank sat down next to Mikey. "Why are you talking about me?"

Gerard blushed and looked away from the two. "No reason."

"Aw Gerard." Frank squealed. "You're blushing." He sat up and went over to hug Gerard who instantly hugged back.

"Jeez." Mikey sighed. "Get a room."

"Oh!" Gerard remembered. "I owe you 10 bucks."

"What?" Mikey asked, looking at the two suspiciously. "What is he talking about, Frank?"

"Gerard thought that you two would kiss. I thought you guys weren't gonna, no biggy." Frank shrugged casually like making bets on who your brother is gonna kiss was an everyday thing.

"And Mikey. We do have room." Gerard wiggled his eyebrows and pulled Frank out of the room. Mikey didn't even want to know what that meant, so just sighed and walked out after them.

"Dad...do you know how long you're gonna be here?" Mikey asked, walking into the living room to see him and Katy sitting on the couch.

He shook his head. "Whenever your mom is feeling better, 'till then we'll be staying here to help out and make sure no drugs are being done."

"Do I look like the type to be doing drugs?" Mikey asked.

His dad only stared.

"Fine." Mikey sighed and jumped into the chair. "You got me."

"It's more your brother I'm worried about, Mikes. He has more um...problems then you do." Dad said, trailing off and earning a punch to the rib from Kaitlin. "What?"

"That's your son." Katy said with a harsh tone. "And you act like you don't want him to be."

"I kinda don't." Dad said. This time Mikey stood up and took a threatening step towards him. Dad just ignored him. "Do you know what he does to get attention? Do you realize how much medication this kid needs to take sometimes? And how he mysteriously jumps into a pool in the middle of the day? It's fucking bullshit."

Mikey glared at his dad. "Fuck you, Donald."

"What did you say to me, Michael?" Donald asked, also standing up.

And Katy gasped, making the two look up to see Gerard standing in the doorway. "Is that...is that really how you feel about me?"

Dad scoffed. "I don't lie Gerard. I don't sugarcoat anything."

Then Gerard ran off to the kitchen, everyone following him.

"Gerard." Frank cried out. "Don't do it."

Mikey stared in horror as Gerard held what was probably the biggest kitchen knife they owned held to his throat.

"Gerard. Put the knife down." Dad said carefully.

"Why?" Gerard snapped. "Why shouldn't I do it? Because then you'll have a dead body to clean up?"

Frank was now sobbing into his hands. "Gerard please stop." He inched forward and Gerard instantly pulled the knife away and pointed it to Frank.

"Don't come closer." Gerard warned.

"Why would you say that?" Mikey demanded. "Why would you think that offing yourself would make any of us happy?"

"Because you heard him. One of the people who brought me into this world pretty much wants me back out. What's one more person hating me and down on their knees begging for my death. Bow down to me fuckers, beg for me." Gerard snarled, the knife now pointing his all his family. "Tell me the truth."

"Gerard!" Frank shouted and lunged forward, knocking the knife out of his hand, sending it sliding away towards the fridge. "Shut the fuck up with this! With the lake, with the knife, with the cutting-it's not needed."

"What would you know?" Gerard yelled. "You're not the one that does it, you're not the one that has to be me."

Frank rolled his eyes, not moving off from Gerard. "Shut the fuck up."

"No." Gerard gasped out. "You're fat! Get off from me!"

Frank stood up and kicked Gerard in the side, causing him to roll over and clutch his stomach.

"Frank, what the hell?" Mikey asked, wide eyed. "That was highly uncalled for."

"Why would you care about him? You're his giving him the attention he's asking for."

"I'm his brother. I know that if he wanted attention he would ask for it with words. Have you been around for most of his life to see what he's gone through?" Mikey waited for an answer. "No-no I don't think so." He sighed and bent down, picking up Gerard by the arm and walking with him past everyone to his room.

"A-are you the only one that likes me, Mikey?" Gerard asked.

"I don't know." Mikey answered honestly. "And I have no fucking clue what's wrong with Frank."

Why would he play the bad guy in this? Weren't they both just buddy-buddy with each other not even half and hour ago?

"Gerard. You're my brother, you know I'll always love you right?"

He made a muffled noise that Mikey took as a yes.

___________________________________________

I have no fucking clue what the hell just happened...