.Chapter Fourteen.

Frank walked through the door before Gerard did and slipped off his shoes before scurrying upstairs to his room where he shut the door and locked it. Gerard lied to him. Frank didn't like liars. He hated not being able to trust someone close to him.

"Frank?" There was a knock on the door. The noise made Frank look up at the closed door with the Kurt Cobain poster taped up on it but not get up or make any movements whatsoever.

He only buried his face into the crossed arms over his knees.

A quiet sob from the opposite side of the door made Frank look up again, it was almost made him want to cry too at the sound of Gerard crying.

"I'm sorry I lied to you- " he choked through his sobs. "For whatever I lied to you about...why won't you talk to me? It hurts to not have anyone to talk too, my mom and you won't even look me in the eyes- " he stopped and Frank could hear him shift; he was sitting on the ground with his back against the door. "I don't know what I did, but it hurts, you know?"

Frank frowned and wiped his eyes with the long sleeve of his jacket. His mom wasn't talking to him?

"It's time like these that make me rethink the purpose of life...whether I should stay or if it would be better if I just off myself right here, right now." Silence.

Gerard was thinking about killing himself. Was he still out there or did he get up and leave?

Frank stood up and shuffled to the door and unlocked it, seeing that Gerard was indeed not there. Frank panicked- where was he?

Frank ran back into the room and jumped onto his bed and looked out the window to see that Gerard was walking towards the lake.

Frank leaped off the bed and took the stairs two at a time and ran out of the house and after Gerard who by now was waiting at the lake.

From the look in his eyes, Gerard wasn't gonna wait around for something else to happen. He was gonna get straight to the point.

"Gerard- no!" Frank yelled the the first two words since yesterday and jumped after Gerard who had one foot over the water.

"You can't stop me Frank- I make everyone I know sad, mad or angry with me..." Gerard trailed off and looked to the water before taking the step off the edge.

Frank dived under after him and swam to the bottom and curled his arms around the heavier boy before swimming with some difficulty to the surface of the lake, it was kind of hard since he had a boy in his arms who weighed more then he did.

"Why'd you pull me up?!" Gerard yelled and flailed in Frank's arms, making it difficult for Frank to get the the grass. "Let me die- let me go! Let me be happy."

Frank only scowled and swam to the grass nonetheless, not caring what Gerard was saying at the moment.

"I'm not gonna let you die Gerard." Frank stated and pushed Gerard out of the water. "I'm not gonna let you die- whether you like it or not.

Gerard sat silent for the longest moment before opening his mouth- contemplating whether or not he should talk. "What did I lie to you about?"

"Gerard..." Frank sighed.

"No! Tell me. How did I lie to you?" Gerard demanded.

"You said that nothing would happen to me- you said that bullies wouldn't mess with me...but they did. They pushed me and touched my chest and face and I didn't like it. You told me Gerard, that they wouldn't mess with me." Frank gulped and looked to the ground and suddenly felt arms around his neck.