2.14 | The Dinner Party

*•*•*•*

THE PATH OF EDEN - ACT II

~I will either find a way or make one~

*•*•*•*

*•*•*•*

Something was different when Eden woke up the next day.

She didn't know if it was her taking a trip to DC or talking with the guy—Nik— she met at the cemetery or if it was Tyler leaving Mystic Falls. But the blonde girl woke up with some kind of purpose to avoid everything that concerns with the supernatural. It might have been that the full moon was getting closer and closer.

"I got you coffee," Eden said to Elena's aunt, Jenna, who was waiting for the girl next to her car. The redhead smiled as she took the coffee from Eden's hands and gave her a look. "And I totally didn't ask Mr. Saltzman what it was. And it's definitely not to make up for the fact that I'm twenty minutes late."

"You're forgiven," Jenna replied as she got inside her car while Eden got into the passenger seat. "Why are you doing this again?" Jenna started her car, "Ric told me you asked for something that will give you extra credit which is very unusual for kids your age."

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to stay ahead of the crowd, right?" Eden joked. She couldn't very well tell Jenna that she was going out of her mind about the sacrifice in which she had to kill her niece, now could she? Jenna gave her a look making her sigh and make up a lie. "It's mostly to impress my father who was valedictorian in high school and he told me my mother was a valedictorian too so just trying to continue the Adair family tradition."

"I met your father right at the time your family moved here," Jenna nodded and the younger girl was thankful that the woman didn't bring up her mother because it was now common knowledge in the town that the Adair family now consisted of only Eden and her father. "He seemed uptight. Charming but uptight. What made you choose the town's history for your extra credit paper?"

"Well, Mr. Saltzman suggested I pick something that I didn't know beforehand like the civil war or the world war," Eden began. "And I'm new to the town which has so much history that I don't know. I just decided I can know more about the town while getting some extra credit. Two birds, one stone. And it helped that you were already helping this Mr. Smith for his book on the town, so I thought I'd join in, instead of digging through years of archives."

"Smart. Now I'm doing the digging and researching for you all while giving you a private tour of the town," Jenna teased as she pulled over to where the trail had ended. They both got out of Jenna's car and Eden was picking up her things from the backseat when she heard Elena's aunt wave to someone. "Look, he's already here."