1.04 | History Repeating

*•*•*•*

THE DEATH OF EDEN : ACT I

~Find what you love and let it kill you~

*•*•*•*

*•*•*•*

Edward Adair wasn't expecting any visitors.

That's why as soon as the doorbell rang it made him call out to his daughter who was hold up in her room. "Eden, open the door," he raised his voice but didn't hear any response from his daughter. He knew his daughter heard him she just didn't want to come down and open the door. Edward sighed as he stood up from the couch and walked to the door and opened it revealing someone who he has never met in his life.

The man seemed to be in his mid twenties and was wearing a black leather jacket. His dark hair was slightly messed up with his face lifted into a friendly smile. But it was his eyes that threw Edward off. The eyes held so much darkness that the Adair man wanted to take a step back. This kind of darkness only emitted from one type of species. This is the same darkness that he recently saw in his daughter.

"Hi," The stranger said making Edward snap out of his thoughts. "I'm Damon. I'm a friend of Eden, I was hoping to talk to her."

"Hello Damon," Edward replied as opened the door completely. "Come inside. I'll call Eden right down." The vampire gave the Adair man a smile as he stepped inside the house and looked around his surroundings seeing that there were no photos or any decorations in the walls making Damon confused. He knew that the Adair family moved recently but this house just felt unwelcoming.

Damon heard Eden's footsteps come down the stairs and just as she turned around the corner with her iPod connected to the earphones that was inside her ears. That was probably why she didn't hear him talk to her father. "Damon," she said surprised to which he just waved innocently at her as her dad started speaking.

"I have to leave town today," Edward informed as he walked to the living room and rolled the suitcase towards the door. "I have business back in New Orleans I don't know when I'll be back."

"You're leaving?" Eden questioned and Damon heard her heartbeat pick up and saw her swallow harshly. Damon felt sorry for the girl when he saw how disappointed she looked at her father leaving and he didn't seem to care or notice.

"Yes," her father said a little annoyance entering his tone. He looked to his daughter finally. "Is there a problem?" 

"There never is."