1.10 | Isobel

*•*•*•*

THE DEATH OF EDEN - ACT I

~Find what you live and let it kill you~

*•*•*•*

*•*•*•*

Alaric was drinking.

Again.

After taking about his unfruitful search for his wife with Damon Salvatore of all people, he came to the realisation that she doesn't want to be found.

The time that Alaric spent in searching for her was nothing to his wife, who decided she would much rather be a vampire than his. So now that he had given up his life's mission Alaric had nothing to do but drink away his sorrows in the mystic grill.

That was until a familiar voice interrupted his drinking session.

"Hello Ric," Alaric turned to see Isobel stand there in all her glory as a vampire. She looked as good as she was when he fell in love with her the first time. Just as young. "It's good to see you. You look good. I hear that you are a high school history teacher?"

"Where have you been, Isobel?" Alaric said anguish in his voice.

"I don't have any reasons that are gonna comfort you," Isobel shook her head. "I don't have any explanations that are gonna satisfy you. I wanted this."

"It's that simple?"

"Yeah," Isobel stressed her words. "You were supposed to mourn me and move on."

"You were my wife," Alaric said on the verge of tears. "And I loved you. How could I not search for you?"

"Because I wasn't lost, Ric," Isobel sighed. "I understand that you know my daughters Elena. I hear that she has been looking for me. So, I want you to arrange for a meeting with us." She scribbled a number on a receipt and pushed it to Ric. "I want Eden Adair in the meeting too."

"You want me to deliver a message?"

"Yeah."

"Screw you," Alaric stood up from his place. "You selfish bitch."

*•*•*•*

"When are we hanging out outside of school?"Tyler questioned his new friend as they entered the school cafeteria where everybody was working on the float for the founders day parade.

"We are not friends," Eden deadpanned as she placed her bag on one of the chairs as they both sat down.

"We are friends," Tyler sat next to her. "You are my best friend. Only friend right now."