2.13 | Abandoned kids

*•*•*•*

THE PATH OF EDEN - ACT II

~I will either find a way or make one~

*•*•*•*

*•*•*•*

Abandonment expresses itself in many ways.

There was one lingering feeling that stitched itself together with Eden's soul since the minute she learned to walk and talk. It was like looking inside a rabbit hole knowing how deep it goes and deep in your heart you know, you just know that you shouldn't jump in. But in the end all you do is jump head first into your own demise. Self-sabotage.

As Eden felt Damon's hands subconsciously pull her closer to his body still not awake from his sleep that he fell into last night, she felt herself looking into the rabbit hole once more. The girl slightly turned her head to the right to look at his peaceful face, she let herself feel the things that she always pushed away whenever her mind decides to care about someone.

She could love him.

One day.

Eden didn't know if this feeling that she feels in her gut every time she thinks about him or the way her heart speeds up and her mind just makes her entire being want to be close to him is what love is. Maybe it is. Maybe it isn't. She doesn't know. She never felt like this before. Never knew love could exist out of family, considering she spent her entire childhood trying to get it right not to be disappointed that nobody loved her. How does someone who has never been loved before know what love is?

All she can do is question it.

Try and think of questions that will probably never happen while there is only one answer to every question, which is to leave her. People are selfish. Eden knew that. How can she believe that somebody can care about someone else more than they care about themselves? How can she do that when her entire life she has been only caring about her self. She was as selfish as the next person.

"You're staring," Damon's voice cut through her thoughts making her snap out of her peep into her own grave that she will inevitably fall in. "What should I make of that?" There goes Damon, propelling her into her fight or flight mode.

"Nothing," Eden sighed as she removed herself from his hold and stood up from her bed but Damon immediately sped up infront of her with a stern face. Eden groaned annoyed at this early in the morning, "don't make something out of nothing, Damon."

"Something is there, Eden," Damon told her and stopped her by her elbow when she tried to walk past him. "And I need you to tell me before. . .before I lose my mind. Please just. . . tell me how you feel."