"I'm sorry about that, Mrs. Combs. I made sure to get you some refreshments. Oh, Mrs. Romano, this one is for you—"

"Sweetie, how stupid do I look? I'm not drinking shit from you that I didn't see you fix." Kim turned red as the males laughed, and Zoey looked at her funny before telling her to leave the room. "I don't know what that was about, but Regenia, please don't let your pregnancy hormones get in the way of this meeting."

"I'll do my best, Mother."

"See, I like a woman who doesn't back down from anything. It's nice to meet you, Mrs. Romano; I'm Senator Christopher Rice of New Jersey." Regenia smiled politely, shaking his hand as another man stepped forward with a smile. "And I'm General Kenneth Becker of the US Military."

Regenia's eyes widened because her mother didn't mention the head of the military would be there. Quickly, she extended her hand, shaking his with a smile until another person stepped forward. "While they are gawking over you, I'll introduce the rest of us. I'm New York's Senator. Hannah Joseph, you know, since you're from New York. This is Senator Owen Jackson, the US Senator. The Governor of Massachusetts, Alice Tilly, and Esther Valerie. The Senator of Vermont."

Regenia nodded, amazed at how many people her mom was able to pull in. She was sure once they figured out she was married to a mafia boss, they would turn her down, but she could see most were on their side. "I'm amazed you all are willing to work with us."

"Well, when your mother explained we would be meeting Italy's US Ambassador, how could we refuse? I'm interested in what you have to say. Given that you are mafia, I want to know what you are willing to do for us. You and your husband want to do business... move your drugs and weapons in and out of my country and allow your men to have free range in our states. Tell me, what will the US Military get in return?"

Regenia chuckled as she pointed to the seats for everyone to take. It was funny how everyone had a price. She saw why Giovanni wanted her to be the Ambassador. They needed someone to do their dirty work with the US, and they saw her as the perfect person. She was American and an ex-cop. "Exactly what we want from you. Anytime we need a helping hand, we look to you and your troops to help. What is a mafia without the Italian and American Military behind them? If there's any time we may need you for any reason, you will be there. In return, our military would do the same... plus we are willing to pay and supply your weapons."

The General smiled, nodding as Regenia turned to the rest to see what they wanted, but none of them spoke. "I'm assuming the rest of you are fine since you see how my husband and I treat New York with the help of Jacob Combs and Enzo Amato. They have New York's best interest in mind which will be the same for your states and would like to lay low, and as long as you treat us right, we will do the same for you. We have men in each of your states and ask that you turn a blind eye to our crimes, and you and your police force will be compensated nicely. Unless you want something else."

"Oh, I like her, Zoey. She has your genes to rule, and I think Italy picked the right woman for the job. You don't ask for shit you want, you tell, and I can stand by that. I don't know about the rest of you, but we have a deal." Alice spoke and stood, extending her hand. The rest followed with smiles and agreed with her terms as Kim walked back in. She gave her a frown while Regenia smirked, turning back to the group of people wishing them on their way while instructing them she would send over legal documents of their agreement to sign. Once everyone was gone, she turned to her mom with a cock brow.

"How long has she worked for you?"

"A few years now. Is there a problem?" Regenia hummed, walking over to the door, and locking it before looking back to her mother. She got a weird feeling from the woman, and she didn't want her around her mother or the rest of her family. "I don't like her—"