The Forgotten Mafia

"There you go

"There you go." Skylar smiled as she entered the living room, finding Santino with his daughter again. He didn't seem to understand how his stress affected her. So, without a word, she scrolled over, taking Waverly as he sighed. "Don't look at me like that. I know I'm stressed, and I can't help it with Ryan being missing. He's my cousin... my best friend—"

"You don't have to explain anything to me. I understand loss and how it feels for someone you love to go missing. I wasn't always the oldest, you know. Try having your sister go missing for months before you find her body. Or your mom shot and killed in front of you. They were two unrelated crimes my sister had a stalker that she decided not to tell our dad about. Some obsessed man that she met one night. It started innocent, with him leaving little love notes, flowers, and candies. Then, out of nowhere, it took a turn for the worse, and two months later, she went missing. We searched for her for months... the police gave up on her because she was the daughter of Isacc Roberts, the infamous drug lord. So, they didn't care. My issues aren't like yours, but I want you to know I understand. You also need to know she needs you in more ways than one."

Skylar hated seeing Santino like this, but she knew he was worried about his cousin. Who wouldn't be? From what she could tell, Ryan was like Santino's backbone. He was what kept the man together. He had a hard life growing up, which made it hard to trust others; then his baby's mother came in and stole his heart just to tear it apart, and it pissed her off. "You can talk to me."

"Sì, but I don't want to scare you il mio sole (my sunshine)." He whispered, making Skylar tilt her head to the side. She didn't understand a damn thing he said, but by his body language, he was nervous about something. So, without a thought, Skylar placed Waverly in her swing and sat beside Santino as she rubbed his back. "There's nothing you can say or do that will make me look at you in a different light."

"You say that now, but once you learn the real me. I promise you will turn and run as fast as you can. Thank you for getting her to sleep again. I owe you big time." Santino tried his best not to look her in the face, but as always, Skylar forced him to, and as soon as his beautiful blue eyes made contact with her brown ones, something clicked. Before either of them knew it, she was straddling and pulling San into a hot, mind-blowing kiss until someone cleared their throat behind them.

"DAD!"

"Mr. Roberts—"

"I don't want to know. I thought I taught you how to have respect for other people's houses. What if I was Regenia or Giuseppe? Never mind, but you better know what you are getting yourself into. Santino isn't like the other boys you have dated... mafia men are a whole lot different than street niggas. If one falls in love with you, it's for life, and the only way out is death. Ask his dead baby mama. However, if it's my daughter, you want Santino. I have rules... treat her like the fucking Queen I raised her to be."

Skylar was sure her dad was about to murder Santino, although he would have been on the failing end of things. Or maybe he was happy she went after a man with a good head on his shoulders. Yes, he was another man with a bad background, but Sky was drawn to men like that. She liked bad boys. Something about them stood out that she didn't see in others. "Can you not act like I'm twelve...."