The Moment of Truth (Part 1)

Miyamoto roamed the Romano home, looking at how beautiful and well put together it was

Miyamoto roamed the Romano home, looking at how beautiful and well put together it was. She could see their Donna took her time matching colors and objects that she and her husband would like. It showed they loved one another, and it made her smile. Maybe she could have, something like this one day, a man who would love her for her because the only thing Kodama saw was her father's mafia and nothing else.

Miya never experienced love from a man other than her father and brother. However, she never found someone she would like to care for until she met Ryan, but he wasn't interested in her, which told her to look elsewhere. At first, he was away from underneath Kodama's thumb, but spending time with him and caring for his wounds brought her closer to him. Only if he felt the same way she did but he had been broken and hurt by another.

She wanted to help him learn to love again, but Miyamoto needed to figure out where to start. "Should you be roaming the house?"

"Oh, I... I'm sorry, Mrs. Romano. I was admiring how well your daughter-in-law decorated her home." Caterina smiled... well, Miyamoto wouldn't say it was a smile because it was more of an I don't trust you. She understood since her husband was their enemy. If it were the other way around, Miya would be this same way. She knew she had to earn their trust as she did with Ryan.

"What makes you think Regenia decorated the home?"

"All of it looks like a woman's touch with a little male input. I can see the kitchen is something your Don would like. He likes to cook; I know this because he loves wine. The pictures on the wall suggest a woman decorated it... and the furniture. It's all beautiful. Kodama would have never let me do this. He didn't let me do anything." She sighed as Caterina leaned against the wall. She studied her while Miyamoto rubbed her belly, thinking about how she would be holding her son soon.

"Why did you help Ryan? Did he tell you to?"

"No, I helped him, because he didn't deserve to die over Kodama's silly plan. He will never get what he wants. Dama seeks to destroy the Italian mafias. He wants to control South Europe and the States, but what he doesn't understand is he has to go through the biggest mafia in the world to contain it. The Oni isn't going to let him win, and I wasn't about to die for his stupidity. He fooled my Father and demanded to marry me once I was of age. This is me fighting against him."

Caterina nodded, resting a hand on her belly as she smiled, feeling the baby kick. It also brought a smile to Miyamoto's face, and somehow she got this motherly feeling from Caterina that warmed her heart. "His child—"

"That he doesn't want. Kodama tried his best to beat him out of me. He's in here for a reason, and I can't wait to meet him. It has always been my dream to have children, and hopefully, he is only the beginning."

"Then you seek to have children by Ryan." Miya's head quickly jerked towards Caterina as she smiled, rubbing her belly once more. She seemed to know something she didn't, causing Miyamoto to tilt her head to the side as Giuseppe appeared looking confused. "Madre, are you torturing the pregnant woman?"