Uncalled For

A month passed, and Regenia found herself in New York yet again

A month passed, and Regenia found herself in New York yet again. She didn't understand why they needed to be here if there was nothing important there. She knew Giuseppe had to regain control that Berardo caused them to lose, but they could have let Isaac handle it. Yes, it was their territory, but she didn't want to be in the place she had come to hate. Genia used to love Manhattan, but now she sees it as a nightmare. It only reminded her of all the lies that were told to her over the years.

"Uccellino, why are you pouting? This pregnancy got you on some weird emotions. One minute you're happy, and the next, you're mad or pouting about crazy shit."

"No one is pouting Giuseppe. I didn't want to come here, you know that. Manhattan isn't my happy place anymore, and I have come to love Italy. Now, we have to spend six weeks—"

"Sì, but have you forgotten you, my dear Uccellino is the US Ambassador. Therefore, we are here for a reason. We want to gain more territory in the States, and you have to talk with the people your Madre has line up here. Also, I cannot have the other mafias running over our shit. I worked too damn hard to make Manhattan mine." Regenia laughed at her husband's words. It was true that Manhattan belonged to the Romano's, but Giuseppe knew Berardo had put in most of the work until he showed up.

While Berardo made sure the streets belonged to them. Giuseppe aimed to reach out to politicians and other high-powered people. They all were in their back pockets, and if they didn't follow, they died. It was as simple as that, but now some were falling out of line, and they were there to make sure they fell back in place. Regenia had a meeting with her mother and her team as Giuseppe met with one of the petty gangs. Neither wanted to do it, but it had to be done, which led them to go their separate ways once they were done dressing.

"Mrs. Romano, it's nice to finally meet you after hearing so much about you." Regenia cocked a brow as the redhead woman gave her a fake smile holding out her hand. Instead of shaking, she walked past her without glancing at her. She didn't have time for fake people and was only there to do business with her mother's people.

"Well, that was rude."

"Honey, you are rude. How dare you come and smile in my damn face as you like me but turn your nose up. Are you jealous that a plus-size black woman won the heart of Giuseppe Romano? Or is it because I have more power over your pole-looking ass? Whichever it is, make sure you stuff it back up your ass before walking into this room because I'm not the bitch to play with."

The woman stood there in disbelief while Regenia continued her journey into the boardroom, where she found her mother, three other females, and three males. Everyone turned to her with a smile as Zoey walked over embracing her and kissing her cheek. "I know this is unlikely, but this is my daughter, Regenia Romano. She's lovely, I know because she gets her beautiful looks from her mother."

Everyone laughed, making Genia shake her head with a smile until the redhead walked in. She knew the bitch was about to give her hell, but she knew how to dish it right back. "Kim, you're late."