Blessings

Ryan felt good about himself, knowing everyone who did him and Santino wrong was dead

Ryan felt good about himself, knowing everyone who did him and Santino wrong was dead. They had been plotting this day for the longest, and now it was a dream come true. Nothing could compare to the enjoyment he was feeling... except for her. Miyamoto stayed on his mind, and he swore to himself that he would never fall for someone again. He liked the single life and having one nightstands because it meant no attachments and no one to break his heart the way she did.

Miyamoto was beautiful, yet she was married to the enemy. Like how he and San hated their family, she was the same with Kodama. Ryan couldn't see himself getting involved with a married woman, but it seemed like it was too late for that. Even when he tried not to think about her, he did. He also found himself checking on her every thirty minutes to an hour to ensure she was feeling well since her due date was nearing. He felt as if this was his baby... knowing it wasn't.

Ryan needed to know how did he get to this point.

Everything revolved around this woman, and he didn't want to change a thing. Being there for her made him feel good about himself, and he could see she felt the same. Although Miya never hid, she had a thing for him. "How are you feeling today?"

"Pain, I've been having contractions all night, but Dr. Moretti says I was fine. It hurts to move." Ryan nodded, seeing the discomfort she was in. Without a thought, he joined her on the bed to rub her back. He hated to see her this way, but it was a part of the process of having a child.

"And how does this feel?"

"Good, but I can still feel the pain—"

"Miya, how far apart are your contractions?" She sighed, rolling her neck, and holding four fingers up. Ryan knew it was time to get her to the clinic, so he picked her up and hurried downstairs. On the way, he ran into his cousin as he fled from Skylar as she looked as if she was upset. He didn't know what was going on with the two, but it had been going on since they came back from New York. However, he didn't have the time to ask since Miyamoto was screaming from the pain.

"Zio Mario, she's in labor." He knew because he heard her before entering the clinic; thus, he pointed to a room. "Please, don't leave me." She says, grabbing his wrist as he turns to walk away. It wasn't his place to be in the room with her, but he couldn't leave seeing her this way.

"Sì, it would be good if she had someone to coach her. Let me get Rosa so she can see how much she has dilated since her water hasn't broken."

"But you're a doctor—"

"And she's the OBGYN. It's her job to deliver babies. If you had come to one of your girlfriend's visits, you would have known." Ryan glared at the man's back as he gave him his finger, but without looking, Mario took a pad off the counter, throwing it at his head. He couldn't even see him but knew he did something behind his back.

"Ryan, I have a son and a daughter. All of you are alike. Help her shower and get into one of the gowns. Rosa will be in here momentarily."

"Why do I need to help her shower? She can do that shit herself—"