No Good Enough

Days later, they were back in Italy, and Giuseppe was happy to be home

Days later, they were back in Italy, and Giuseppe was happy to be home. New York was beautiful but not as his home. Being in his vineyard was his happy place, and he loved picking the finest grapes for his wife to enjoy with her lunch. Regenia hated it when he babied her, but she needed all the pampering he could give her. She was carrying his sons and daughter, which meant he had to do everything in his power to make sure they were born healthy, and their mother had a healthy pregnancy.

"So, this is what you do when you're home?"

"Why are you out here?" Giuseppe spoke, turning to the woman his wife had told him to hire. She had her own little agenda, which he was about to put an end to. "I saw you come out here alone and thought you may need some help."

"Right... well, let me tell you what you need help with. You need to understand that I'm taken. No matter what you have heard in the past, I'm deeply in love with my wife. If I wasn't, you would still be at the bottom of my list. You're not my type." Megan chuckled, stepping closer to him, and before he knew it, the woman was on the ground. Giuseppe first thought was Regenia, but when he made eye contact with the person, he was surprised to see Isla standing there.

"He told you he wasn't interested bitch! Back the fuck off, or next time it won't be my fucking fist in your face. Giuseppe is my sister's man, and I will beat your fucking ass over my family. This is your warning, and if I ever catch your boney white ass near my brother-in-law again alone, I'll blow your fucking brains out." It was funny to watch how fast Megan leaped to her feet and ran as Isla turned to him with a cocked brow.

"Your sister hired her, but she has to go back to the States. I'm not trying to start any problems between us."

"Then punish her. Take a finger or a hand, but make sure she knows the risk of trying to take someone's man..."

"Have I ever told you, that you were born to rule? You and Regenia are alike in that manner, and I like it. How have you been getting along with your little sister?" Isla glared over at him with a sigh, and at first, he thought something had happened between the two. She was the baby until now, and it could have weighed on her.

"I don't like seeing her going through this withdrawn shit cold turkey. She's punishing herself for something someone else has done to her. Jacob had a lead on the man, but again, he ran but left behind some of the girls again. I'm sure once she gets past this, she'll be fine. However, I came out here to escape Enzo's parents. They're nice but—"

"You think they don't like you." Isla nodded as Giuseppe chuckled, pulling her into a hug. Enzo's parents were hardcore, and they liked torturing people to see what they were made of. He knew they were making sure their son picked the right woman to be his Donna. "Trust me, they adore you, but they want to make sure you are fit for this life. Enzo was betrothed to another, someone his parents picked. She was from a mafia out of Switzerland, but she was proven not worthy by his mother. Silvia loves you; she told my Madre this, and to win over her, you did something right. What are they pestering you about?"