Home

After two more dreadful days, Giuseppe was finally back in Italy

After two more dreadful days, Giuseppe was finally back in Italy. It felt good to be back in his homeland, besides looking over his shoulder and around every corner in Japan. Normally, he wouldn't care, but Giuse was down about fifty men due to the explosion, and the other half were hurt. Not to mention, his right arm was broken in several different spots. Plus, he had a broken collarbone. It had been a rough week and a half, and the three days he spent trapped in Tanaka's barroom were the worst. Talking to Heaven didn't seem to make it better, but it was the only way he could go home. Still, Giuseppe couldn't stop thinking about what could have happened if Hiro's bar was on one of the main levels of his Japanese home.

Enzo, Hakeem, and Noah could have died... he could have died, and Enzo still was in a bad spot. Although he was alive, he had a long road to recovery. Something they all should have been thankful of, but it didn't make Giuseppe feel better about seeing him lying there, unable to move for days. Enzo was like his little brother, and he treated him like so. Plus, Isla was in love with him, which made it hurt a little more. "You know I am alive."

"What?"

"You think I didn't hear you talking to Jacob about me? It was a little touch and go there, but I couldn't lay there and fucking die. I have something to live for, just as you do." He spoke, finally breaking his silence, but he had Jacob and him look at the man while the others in the car stared out the window. "You better not say you have Isla pregnant because if you do, I'll break your fucking neck and make sure you die this time."

"Smartass, I didn't break my neck—"

"I know." Enzo laughed, but Giuseppe could see he was in pain. Like him and most others, he hid it well, but none of them were like Elijah. Giuseppe could say Luca taught him well; even with his leg pinned to the floor, the man was still cracking jokes and smoking like there was nothing wrong. He was what kept them going. "No, she isn't pregnant. Believe it or not, I respected your wife's rules... and—"

"No fucking way! No fucking way!"

"Am I missing something?" Giuseppe asked as Jacob and Santino glared at the man with wide eyes. At first, Giuse was having one of his dumb moments until he thought about what they were talking about. "You're a fucking virgin!" He didn't mean for it to come out that way, but he thought about what Regenia had told him a while back. How Enzo was never caught bringing women home, and he didn't have any known relationships, but he would have never guessed the man was a virgin.

"How and why?"

"What the fuck do you mean how and why? It was a choice, and all the women I knew wanted one thing. It was never about what I was packing below the belt, if you know what I mean. Just as you, Jacob, I didn't want children floating around, so I made a promise to myself." He shrugged as Federogo whispered something about it being a dumb one, causing Giuseppe to slap the man in the back of his head.

"I wouldn't talk if I were you, Rogo. You have kids floating around in Rome and the States. How many do you have again? Six, no eight, and you're only twenty-six. Give the man some credit cause I wish I were more careful. I don't regret my children, but I sure the fuck regret their Madre. If I had met Regenia nine years earlier—"