Chapter 67: Obsession

I was on the bed, lying on my stomach. My chin is supported by pillows.

The Venetian blinds were partially open, allowing gray light to stream across the rug in front of me.

I gazed at it. I hoped that once in a while the light might shine on me and lead the way. I felt very lost right now.

I'd been this way for the past five days.

I had no idea about the divorce process at all. It will undoubtedly take some time. Not for a week.

I couldn't stay at Eunwoo's place indefinitely. I couldn't act in such a brazen way. Where should I go, though? I was in no place.

There is nowhere to escape.

Oh my, I had no idea how miserable my life was until today.

I heard the door slam behind me. I am aware that Jihoon is the one. I used to feel awful for him, seeing me like way. He's mature enough to comprehend what's happening. Through his gaze, I could see.

"Mom"

I swiveled around to face him. "Yeah?"

I gave him a look. I noticed that he was staring at the incision I had made on my forearm.

I covered it quickly by pulling down my sleeve.

He turned to look at me, and our eyes locked. "Am I not going to school again today?"

"Um"

He nodded, deciding not to press the issue because she hadn't looked like herself in a while.

In addition, he had heard her sob late at night and witnessed her injuring herself.

He turned to go, but I intervened in time to stop him. "Wait, Jihoon."

Once more, he turned to face me. "Yes mom?"

"Can you drink the milk first?"

He rubbed his neck, as if he was holding back on saying anything.

"Why?"

"There's no milk left in the fridge anymore," he said.

"Ohh.. Wait, I'll go to the kitchen in five minutes more," replied.

With a swift shake of his head. He answered, "No, it's okay. I don't feel hungry," and grabbed for the doorknob. He said, "Mom, have a good rest," and shut the door.

After exiting, Jihoon proceeded to the living room. y/n hadn't opened the curtain since that day, so it was dark.

In order to see the light from outside, he got up onto the sofa and slightly opened the curtain.

He looked out of the window. It appeared to be warm. Feels warmer than it does inside.

I froze, my eyes still fixed on the entrance. I was sorry for Jihoon. He was also impacted by what I was doing.

I had to take action. Do something for him, at least. Something I could accomplish with my pitiful existence.

I pawed the bed, trying to find my phone.

I located it and seized it. I examined the date. Today is Monday.

And the following day...

I looked at the schedule. Fantastic, tomorrow is a public holiday.

Next, I lowered my notification bar. Taehyung called and texted me a few times. I was completely unaware of that. since crying has been all I've done for the past few days.