Chapter 31: Mine

I was sitting in the living room, waiting for Eunwoo and Jihoon to come back home. I looked at the wall clock. It's 12.15 a.m. They should arrive here by now.

Later I heard the sound of the gate screeching. I quickly got up and peeked behind the curtain. It's really them. I opened the door and saw Jihoon was sleeping in Eunwoo's arms. They both looked tired. I took the bags from Eunwoo and he went straight to Jihoon's bedroom to put him there.

I put their bags on the sofa and followed him. I stopped at the door. I watched Eunwoon pull the blanket for Jihoon. After that, he turned his head at me and our eyes met. He got up, and turned off the lamp. I backed off and he closed the door slowly.

"Y/n"

"Yeah. How was it going?"

"It's worth it. Jihoon keeps talking about Taehyung and he really loves it. He keeps thanking me too. He's a good kid. Don't worry too much" said Eunwoo.

He must be thinking that I was worried if idolizing an idol was a bad thing. Actually, it was not my real worry. To me, he could idolize anyone but not a sick psychopath, Taehyung.

"Okay," I said and nodded. I didn't want to argue anymore, he looked tired anyway. And that thing already ended.

"I'm going to take a shower" he said and walked past me into our room.

I went back into the living room and my eyes locked on Jihoon's small backpack. The fan meeting usually had the artist leave a note to the fans. I was curious if he left something for my son too.

I sat down on the sofa and took Jihoon's backpack on my lap. I unzipped it and took out his album. I checked it out and it was just his signature on it.

Then I looked into the backpack again. A small book. I took it out and flipped it open, looking for something.

I found one. I recognized his handwriting.

Cutie Jihoon, please study well, grow up well, and eat well too! I love you!

I scoffed looking at this. He's just really good at sweet-talking. Then I glanced down, there was still another paragraph that he wrote.

To Jihoon's mom, please allow Jihoon to like me. Don't hate me, please

(╥﹏╥)

My heart skipped a beat. Did I read a note he left for me? Did they talk about me? Suddenly, I began to feel worried. What thing they were talking about me????

I rubbed my forehead. Adrenaline started running inside my veins. But then I took a deep breath. I took the book and read it again. Please allow Jihoon to like me. Maybe Jihoon just told Taehyung that I didn't like that he liked him. And it's normal for some mothers to don't like when their children are so obsessed with an idol. It's normal, right?

Taehyung might be thinking in that way too.

And he just wrote to Jihoon's mother. He didn't mention my name. It's just nothing. I convinced myself that it was nothing.

_______

Taehyung held his phone in his hand. He stared at his phone screen. Pursed his lips, he was thinking of how to put the words to his manager.

After practicing it in his mind, he tapped on the screen, making a call.

"Oh, Taehyung, what's the matter?"

"Hyung-nim, can I ask you a favor?" asked Taehyung.

"What is it?"

"It's about the fan meeting yesterday. My childhood friend came. But I forgot to ask for his contact. Can you give me the data of customers?" asked him carefully.