Chapter 66: Settlement

He pulled his arm off my grip and looked at me with furrowed brows. "Don't touch me. I am disgusted" said him.

My eyes widened in shock.

He never said such a thing to me. And those eyes, he never looked at me like that. As I was a disgusting creature.

"Wh-what's wrong?" asked me with my lips twitched. 

He gazed intensely into my eyes for a while. 

His gaze was too strong. Even worse, I could feel hatred within it. 

I had trouble maintaining eye contact with him. "Why?" he asked me when he still didn't answer me. 

He turned his face away from me. 

I was still confused by his sudden act. And I was still disturbed when he said I was disgusting. 

"Don't give me that look," he said, breaking the cold silence between us. 

"What?" she asked me in confusion.

"That innocent look doesn't fit your personality." 

My frown deepened. He must be brainwashed by Taehyung. I clenched my hands and then loosened them. 

"Eunwoo-ah, what has Taehyung told you?"

He didn't answer me.

"If you act like this, how can I know? How can I make it clear to you if you hide something from me? What about me makes you disgusted with me?" asked me, looking at him seriously straight in the eyes"

I saw his facial muscles trembling when I bombarded him with the questions. 

He gulped down his saliva, calming himself. Then he finally turned his face to look at me. "What..." he stopped, unable to say. It was like his words stuck in his throat. 

I heard him letting out a trembling breath. My eyes were still intensely on him. To be honest, I was afraid of what he was about to say. I didn't know why, but I was just afraid, and yet I was impatient to know. 

"What pills are you on these days?" asked him after the struggle. 

"Pills? What do you mean? "I don't understand." 

"Stop acting innocent, y/n. Can you be a little bit honest with me?"

"What?"

Eunwoo shook his head at me, thinking that I was acting up. That made me panic. I did not want him to misunderstand me. 

"Stop already. What other pills do you think got me like this?"

I got what he said, and the possible pills that he meant came to mind. My eyes flickered. My lips parted. My trembling breath escaped between my lips. 

I felt my facial muscles freeze. Tears started welling up in my eyes. 

It couldn't be the birth control pills, right? But... 

A whimper escaped out of my control, and I quickly shut my lips back, trying to control it at my best.

He sighed frustratedly. At this point, he hated to see her crying. That was his weak point. So, he looked away. 

"I-I'm sorry. " I shut my lips when I was unable to reason. 

He got up.

Tears finally escaped my eyes because I knew he'd leave again. 

I looked up at him. I was honestly begging him to understand me internally. 

But still, he walked away from me. I watched him disappear from my sight.