Chapter 25: New Life

The roadside was my path as I walked. By contrast, the roadside was deserted. Maybe it's late now.

Wait, I had a watch. 

I took the watch out of my pocket slightly. I took a quick glimpse and bagged it back in my pocket. 

I was being careful; I couldn't lose this to some trash robbers. Maybe.

It was 12.16 a.m. No wonder there weren't really many people here.

Later, from far on the road, just by a quick glance, my eyes went to that car again and locked. I really recognized that car, it was Taehyung's car. 

My adrenaline rushed in my vein again.

I saw his car slowing as if he wanted to try to spot me.

I turned away. With my figure like this, it would be easy for him to spot me. I became so panicked.

But God was on my side. I saw the taxi, and I quickly stopped the taxi. 

Then I got into it. "Ahjussi, please quickly move," I said with my quavering voice. 

He drove away. "Miss, where do you want to go?"

I was snapped into reality. My freedom wasn't the happy ending. I had nowhere to go. How could I survive in this capitalist world with me just by myself?

I looked at my tummy. It wasn't only me. It was also the baby here. The burden is on me.

Where to go? My old rented house? Of course, the tenant would kick me out after almost one year of disappearance. My stuff there... Fuck.

What had has done to me? I don't have anything anymore.

"Just drive anywhere," I said.

He didn't further question me; maybe he understood how broken I looked right now.

Taehyung finally pulled his car off the roadside. He was so frustrated that he couldn't find her. It's been like ten times he drove to the same area.

"How dare you, bitch?" he groaned. 

Then he propped his chin up. 

How the fuck did she think she could survive outside there? She was penniless, and he even had her passport, her visa, and so on. What the fuck did she even think?

The promise that she made, though, fueled the fire of wrath within him. 

"How dare that chick lie to me?" he chucked but deep down, he was fuming.

Then, his inner monster lost control, and he began to yell. He continued pounding on the wheel while yelling, "How dare?! How dare?! How dare?!!!"

                    "Stop there." I tapped the driver's shoulder and pointed at him to stop on a small road. I didn't know where it was, but I needed to go.

"Miss, 3000 won," said him.

"Oh". 

I didn't have money, snap. 

I pretended to fumble into my pocket to look for my money.

I felt the solid watch in my hand. I was so sorry that I would not exchange this watch for the fare. 

This watch was far more valuable. 

I needed money to abort the child too.

I looked at the car door beside me. It was already unlocked.