Chapter 30: Fanmeeting

"Goodbye Jihoon," said me kneeling in front of Jihoon, holding his shoulders as I was about to send him to school.

"Um, goodbye Mom," said Jihoon back. His voice was so weak, unenthusiastic unlike he used to do whenever I sent him.

He didn't tangle his arms around my neck, pull me to him to peck me on my forehead, and then giggle for me. He didn't do those to me anymore.

It hurt me.

I realized it since his birthday. And I knew the reason. I knew it very well.

"Mom will pick you up again this afternoon. Don't trust the stranger, okay?"

He nodded "Um"

I lowered my head. I was so upset. It's so obvious that he was actually mad at me. 

I took a deep breath and then I lifted my head, looking into his eyes, "Are you mad with me, Jihoon-ah?"

"Um?"

I shook my head. I should not confront him when he was about to leave for school. It might affect his learning and his interaction today. "Nothing. No. Go inside now, um" I said and let go of his shoulders. I waved my hand at him.

He waved back at me and then turned. I still didn't see a smile on his face.

I watched him going in and then I turned to leave for home.

I felt my heart start trembling in sadness and tears already welled in my eyes. I quickly wiped it away before it dropped. And walked at a quick pace to ignore that feeling.

Right after I reached home, I went straight to the kitchen. I rested one of my hands on my hip and then slowly tried to calm myself down by taking a breath, holding it, and blowing it off.

After that, I went to the sink and stared into it. The dishes that I left this early morning because I was quite late to send Jihoon off to his kindergarten.

At first, my mind saw the dishes but then that feeling came again. I shook my head realizing that I needed to work on something so that it would not stick in my head. 

I put on the gloves and started washing the dishes. I tried so much to focus my mind on the dishes, not on that feeling. The sadness because I could feel that my bond with Jihoon began to become tenuous. It was my mistake too. I kept yelling at him lately.

Tears escape. I couldn't focus like this. I shut the tap and pressed my palms against the counter. I sniffed away the tears in my eyes.

"y/n"

I heard Eunwoo's voice from my back from a distance. I quickly wiped away my tears completely with my sleeves, pushing the water free, and continued washing the dishes like nothing happened.

I heard footsteps closer to me. "Y/n, we need to talk again... About the ticket"

My hands froze, I pressed my lips and then nodded. "Yes we need to talk about it" I shut the tap and took off my gloves, then I turned at him. "Have you returned it?"

He turned his head aside before turning it back to me. He seemed frustrated when I asked him that. AGAIN.

"Y/n, no. Please don't ask me that again. I can't. Did you see how excited Jihoon was when he saw this?"

"I don't care. Soon, he will forget about this" said me

"Are you sure about that?" he looked at me as he doubted what I'd said.

I turned my face aside, I bit my bottom lip. I remembered the look on Jihoon's face this morning. I bet he's going to be disappointed with me more after he misses that fucking fan meeting.