Chapter 19

Emma stirred in her sleep as her mind forced her to relive this past memory she had tried so hard to forget. As the soiled pull-up grew cold beneath her, Emma's subconscious mind worked to create a connection between the damp training diaper and the soaking wet jeans Emma wore in her dream.
After her unfortunate accident on the ride, Emma had wear her wet pants for the remainder of the day.
"I'm sorry, honey" her mom said as she bought a Minnie Mouse sweatshirt from the gift shop to tie around the wet teens waist. "If we go back to the hotel for you to change pants, we're going to waste too much of our day. That's not fair to your father or me, and it's certainly not fair to your sister."
"I told you to use the bathroom before we left the restaurant." Her dad chimed in. "This is what happens when you don't listen."
"Mike, don't be so harsh." Emma's mother said, tying the sweatshirt onto Emma.
"Jody, our 14 year old daughter just peed her pants like a 2 year old in front of a crowd of people. It doesn't exactly reflect well on us as parents. Especially when our other kid is still in diapers at 7 years old."
Marah was already feeling fearful watching her parents argue. This comment from her dad made her start crying.
"Oh jeez!" Mike said in response to Marah's tears. "I spent all this money on this damn trip and you two girls want to ruin it by acting like a couple of babies."
"Mike!" Jody said in a quiet yell, trying not to draw attention.
Emma was beginning to feel so guilty. Her lips began to quiver as her eyes watered.
"Stop crying, girls." Jody said. "Daddy's just frustrated."
Many times Emma played this memory over in her head in embarrassment, but dreaming of it now, she realized this incident was probably the final straw in her parents marriage, with her dad leaving shortly after. She also began to feel an empathy for her sister, seeing now that her attitude towards Marah's bedwetting was likely influenced by her father's comments about her being a baby.
It was an odd revelation, and one that made the guilt filled and embarrassed 18 year old toss and turn atop her mattress. The sleeping girl still incapable of waking up as her dream kept her captive.
Walking around the park in her wet pants, Emma felt like every eye was on her. Anytime she heard a laugh, she assumed people were snickering at her. Every line they were in, Emma waited with a self conscious demeanor. Every ride they went on, Emma felt the cold dampness press against her butt, causing her face to blush. And every bathroom they passed, Emma was reminded to use "just in case." It was a day of constant embarrassment.
The embarrassment turned to shame when the family would stop to purchase a beverage and Emma's father refused to let her have one.
"I don't think so, Miss Piss Jeans." Her father said cruelly when Emma asked for a soda. "We all know children don't need anything to drink before riding rides."
"But, Marah got one!" Emma objected.
"Marah's not wearing wet pants now is she?" Mike said.
Emma just lowered her head and subconsciously moved her hands in front of her crotch.
The rest of the day went on much like that. Really putting a damper on Emma's fun Disney experience. When the family arrived back at the hotel for the evening, Emma was just released the day was over she couldn't escape the shame, however
Her dad had apologized for treating her so poorly all day, and her mother assured her she had nothings to be ashamed about. Still, it didn't do much to help Emma's self esteem
"Emma, accidents happen." Her mother comforted, helping her daughter out of her damp, and cold, jeans. "Especially when you're caught up in the excitement of Disney."
"But, I'm not a little kid, mom!" Emma said, feeling extra embarrassed seeing her underwear with a near dry yellow stain covering nearly every inch.
"Sweetheart, 14 is still very young. Definitely young enough to be excited about Disney World. And if that excitement distracted you from using the potty, then that's perfectly understandable."
"Moooom" Emma whined, her mother's choice of words not helping the situation.
"Sorry." Jody said. "The toilet."
Her mom's correction didn't help much.
"Just take a shower and you and Marah get ready for bed. We have another big tomorrow, and I promise it'll be much better."
After getting out of the shower and exiting the bathroom, Emma was very self conscious of her bladder as the two siblings put on there pajamas. As Marah slipped on her nighttime pull-up, Emma wondered if she needed one as well.
She received another hit to her confidence when her mother saw her take a drink of water and said to her "Careful not to drink too much, honey. We don't want another accident. And make sure to go pee before bed."
The last comment was a blow to Emma. She was 14 years old and her mom just reminded her to go pee before bed. It was humiliating. The humiliation was about to be amplified.