Black Out

I can't feel anything. I can't see anything. Just darkness around me. In this moment I was beyond scared. I was petrified.

'Protect! Protect! At all cost!' I hear Lacey screaming about in my head.

At this moment I know something is terribly wrong. With one or both of the children. I try to move. To wake up. Yet nothing.

All I can do is pray that my babies are fine. They will make it. They have to don't they?

How can I help? As of right now I am useless.

The darkness is still swallowing me whole. What can I do? Will I be stuck here forever? I can't. I had to get back to my friends Alexis and Chloe. But most importantly I had to get back to my mate. Zane! He meant the world to me. And no matter what. We were gonna raise our kids together. I was gonna defeat my crazy uncle. My crazy brother and win.

My mothers death would not be in vain! I had to live.

As the darkness came crashing down in waves a small opening in the dark abyss awaited. Larking behind the swirls of mist, I could see a view of what looked like an ocean.

Have I died? Have I gone to heaven? Randoms thoughts kept swirling around. I clinch my chest in fear that I am too late. This must be what the after life looks like.

A sense of peace wraps around me. Calming my wolf and I. Hesitation creeps however in the back of my mind.

Could this be a trap? Why was I here to begin with?

"Hello child of mine," a woman's voice echos all around.

"Show yourself," I plead. Not knowing why I'm still at peace during this time frame.

As a woman materializes before my eyes. She glows in all white. She wears all white. And her eyes are even white. She was beautiful and yet so pale. I was tempted to touch her as she seemed like she was made out of flawless glass.

"I'm the mood goddess. Selene is what the call me," as her voice booms throughout in echos.

Her voice sounded like the perfect melody sending a child to sleep with her perfect lullaby.

"Why am I here?" I ask.

"Silly child you're here because you're fighting for life. Or fighting for death. The choice is just merely yours," she says with a slight giggle.

I wanted to live. I knew that much. So why was I fighting to stay alive? Then I remembered I punched a wall. I must have hit some wires causing this to happen. What about my children? I held my belly in natural response.

"You're a fighter but your time is not yet. Just know when the world is against you I will be by your side. Remember you are my warrior. A true Luna let no one stand in your way," Selene shouts towards me.

What did she mean by all this? Why is she here?

"But why am I here?" I ask. I truthfully needed to get back. I didn't want to stay in limbo but I had a nagging feeling I needed to know more about her.

"Let's just say I am here. I am there. I am everywhere. However, I am and will be of great importance to you. You see one of your children will be a girl. You must name her Selene. Her time is not yet to be her. That is why I am speaking to you. That is why you where gifted with much power. None that a normal wolf would have been given. Your mother was a vampire for a reason. A normal wolf would die with this much power. That I had bestowed on you," she states.

I was in a world of shock. She wanted me to name my child after her? She gave me these powers? And yet she wanted me to name a child after her. Confusion swept all around me.

"You will know which child it is dear. Also you can't stay here for much longer after all you have children to take care of soon. Raise them children, let them grow strong inside your belly. When the time comes you will have all the answers," she says.

Shooting pain roars like a lion. Bright lights come crashing down. Pain all around. My babies. I want them. Yet I know it's too early.

My insides are on fire. I am awake. Out of the dark abyss but I still can't move. I'm stuck. I look for Zane. I do not see him. Nor do I sense him. This room is cold.

That's all I can feel for now. It's the emptiness of this room. The temperature seems to be dropping. A shiver creeps up my spine.

I try to yell a simple hello. But whatever they have in my system has yet to work its way out.

Quiet foot steps moving my way.

"We must move her from the operating room. We also have to warn her about the statues of her children." Someone says. I can only assume it to be the nurses.

"But we are unsure if the child will survive the night sir." Was the others response.

I wanted to cry. What did they mean? After all I was pregnant with twins. I pray my children are safe. How can I survive in this world without them.

My mind wanders back to my mother. I know she had written about how she couldn't love. But was this different? Did she love me without knowing. Since she did try and protect me.

I couldn't do it. If I was her. I would want to be in my child's life now more than ever.

I wouldn't want to miss anything. And here I have missed the birth of my children. Tears begin to fall. I was upset that something so precious got swept away from me. How could my body fail me?

As I am wheeled into a different room a familiar smell hits me. It's my mate. I can feel the comfort he is pushing towards me. I can feel his anxiety along with his worry. I want to comfort him like he is me now.

But does he know about our children and the condition that they are in? I can't help but wonder.

If my body failed and I can't produce healthy children will he still love me? Or will he walk away? Thankfully I can feel the meds leaving my body. How do I bring up my concern?

I try to pull myself into a seated position. Only then do I realize the pain in my mid-section. I undo my blanket and look down I see strikes of blood. My mouth feel with vomit.

My worst fears feel as if it's coming true. I start to shake. As I do so Zane come over behind me. Holding me. Allowing me to cry. Telling me everything will be fine while rubbing my head. I notice a slight pain as he is doing his best to be careful with each touch.

"How long have I been out?" I asked. Confusion written all over me.

"Um maybe we should let the doctor explain things to you. I don't want to overwhelm you right now," Zane says in a whisper.

I let out a sigh. I want to yell. I want to scream in frustration but I know I have to keep my sanity.

As I almost explode however, the doctor walks in. With a heavy white coat and a thick chunk of paper work.

"Y'all can be discharged including one of your children by tomorrow. The other child must stay a little longer I am afraid." The doctor says with eyes saddened.

"What do you mean? I haven't given birth yet!" I was in a state of denial.

"I couldn't have. I have only been pregnant for a month to two months tops!" I shout.

The doctor looked over toward me unsure of how to say the following words.

"You have been in a coma for months. You gave birth last month however. You have missed four months total. That is how long you have been in a coma for," the doctor states matter of fact.

I was in shock was an understatement. I needed to see my children. I needed to know they are safe.

"Can you take me to them?" I managed a short whisper. I was unsure of what to think about this.

I still had to prepare for war on top of this. I lost months. And I even lost one month of my children's life. Would they forgive me? Would they even know?