Past History

Why would this old lady not change her mind? What happened years ago between her and the vampires?

Zane was telling me to go inside. To hear her side of the story. A part of me truthfully didn't care to hear her side.

After all she was so filled with rage. Why would I want to listen to that anyways?

Zane explained it would be a life listen and for me not to take it for granted. After all the older lady was still my grandmother. With a sigh I got up from the ground and marched back in.

"What did they do that was so wrong to you? May I ask that at least?" I asked.

Grandmother looked up from cleaning her plate.

"Child it's a story I'd rather not get into with you," she tried to dismiss me with. However, I was relentless in allowing this to go.

I needed to know. I could let myself not get the answers I so desperately needed.

"If I defeat my brother. I need to know why y'all despise vampires so much since he is my mate. After all if I win this up coming war between my brother if it comes to that then I need to know. I can not rule or even help out if I do not know the history between the distrust y'all have against the other side," I blurt out.

Honestly I was tired of the fighting. Even of the arguments. Maybe it was due to harmonies. Maybe it was due to something else.

She looked at me for a few minutes. Speechless almost like she had a debate going on inside her own mind.

"Fine child. But you must seat down without any intuputions am I clear?," she asked.

I nodded my head in agreement.

She went so far back in the history. She started the the moon goddess. The moon goddess gifted our people with their own wolves. And even some of the people who did not have wolves where gifted different gifts. Some healed with water. Some used the earths gifts to build huts. While others had air to draw out certain animals or keep others away. Fire was a gift that some had been gifted. Those where for the leaders.

I took a small gasp in awe of the story before grandmother threw a silence hand gesture my way. I felt embarrassed my my slight interruption. But she kept on without missing a beat.

She went on to say the leaders of the tribes or clans whichever you want to call it. The names have changed so much over the years. They where gifted the fire power to rule with an iron fist. That power alone was no match for water, earth, or air. In most other cultures it would match with water.

However for some reason this fire power even out weighed the water. Our wolves where a descendent of the goddess.

Yet, someone else became extremely jealous. Our goddess had created the perfect individuals. So in turn Lucifer wanted to create his own creatures of the night. He had trouble on where to begin however. That's when his beloved wife Lilith came up with the ideas for vampires.

They where almost perfect for them. They where blood thirsty. Seductive. They could lure you in with their looks.

Lucifer wanted too us vampires to wipe out the wolves. What he didn't expect however is that some of the wolves and vampires were destined mates.

You see Lilith has used corpse of those who had passed. And wolves where human like creatures who sometimes had mates that where human. This little flaw howeber was beneficial for during such a dark time.

The vampires where being hunted by the hunters due to their killings. Some went mad or crazy destroying everything in their paths. Yet those that had mates were more level headed. They could think with knowledge. So they did. They seemed of no threat. At least at the time.

For years we would live in peace. With the civilized vampires. Yet some of us were revulsed by their smell you see. Some of us wanted to hunt down the vampires and stop them from their killing spree.

Yet, the more civilized vampires wanted us to be patient. They wanted to try and help guide them to redemption one might add.

So those few vampires that were sane tried to show the others their way. And at the same time the uncivilized vampires showed them their way.

After all they are still creatures of the night. Not only that but they crave blood at every turning center.

Some vampires would purposely yank poor helpless humans off the street and cause them to bleed in front of the vampires who could mostly control themselves.

Yet, even though they had control after so much blood spilled they would lose any type of control.

It would take months for them to get back on the right path. However, the evil vampires wanted revenge for the ones who had mates.

You see it was harder for them to get the mated ones to leave their mates or even kill their mates unless blood would spill.

She paused for a minute and her body began to shake at the thoughts of her past. It's almost as if she had lived there during this time frame.

I felt bad for her deep down. Especially if she went through this.

She calmed herself down before continuing. She looked me dead in the eyes to show how serious she was on the matter.

Those vampires marched in our tribes grabbing the children that ran around freely they tried using our children's blood against us. Making them bleed in front of our eyes. We tried to fight even our mates at the time they fought beside us. That was until the woman or even males of our tribe started to bleed as well.

You see our mates the ones that were mated with vampires the mixed blood didn't stir up any emotions of attack. Our partners would not harm our children. I was thankful for that at least.

But once we started to bleed it was a whole other story. Our children were too small to fight. They couldn't fight.

Our tribes began to lose the battle. Blood covered our homes. Our children dragged away. Our mates became blood thirsty even for their own mates.

I cannot trust vampires over this. My own mate was blinded by rage. By blood he tried to kill me.

We thankfully had talked this out years before the attacks. He was worried something like that would happen.

He carved us all our unique daggers at the time. He stated how we were to plunge the dagger into their hearts then snap their necks as well. That would only work on the lower ranking vampires.

Higher rankings had more control over their lust for blood. However, it doesn't make them any less trustworthy. I learned my lesson. I don't trust any of those blood suckers. Tears began to flow.

I felt the rage flowing inside me once again. I wanted to protect this woman from her past. However, I knew I couldn't. I also didn't want her to be so blinded by hatred and rage that she takes it out on my mate.

I could feel the heat rising and flames start circling. I still had no control over this. I was terrified.

I guess Zane felt the urges of me needing to let the flames loose because he rushed inside pulling me out.

Grandma had yelled "get out demon!" But Zane just ignored it.

He had yanked me out in time before the flames burst out of my skin. It landed on Zane just as the others had rushed out the door to see what all the fuse was about.

Grandmother looked shocked. My father looked impressed.

No words came out as Zane held me tightly allowing all the flames to hit him to avoid hitting anyone else. I was grateful.