Powers

"Come in children before anyone sees this scene," grandmother said. I was shocked she even included Zane in her words. After all her distrust for vampires was out of this world.

Zanes shirt was burnt to a crisp. Father went to grab a shirt.

I was still shaking. I needed to learn control before I killed someone.

I would never forgive myself if something was to happen.

"I can't believe I even allowed that demon in my house. But it's too dangerous for y'all to be out especially if you can't control your powers her," she exclaimed under her breath.

Confusion written and scretched throughout her face.

"How come you have such power child?" She asked.

"I don't know. I only just learned about it while being in the academy with Zane and truthfully someone pissing me off!" I respond back.

I was still bitter over that teacher. And I also needed to ask Zane still about that woman Page. I didn't want to sound like an insecure mate. But deep down I just knew something was not right with her.

"So anger is what triggers your fire? That's actually interesting and new.." she said matter of factly.

"Do you know who my mother is since she is a vampire?" I blurt out. Knowing this woman despises my mother's species.

"Of course child! I didn't think she was good for your father. I wanted to..." She begun stopping in mid sentence choosing not to finish her words.

I wondered what she meant? Did she know about my mom's death? Or the fact she was captured? Did she know what my uncle had up his sleeves?

How close was she to my uncle? I wondered at this point was she a friend or an enemy. Maybe it was more complicated then that.

"She disliked your mom. Even though I got captured shortly after I was around to hear that she was glad your mother no longer existed," father stated interrupting my thought process.

How could this lady have so much hatred?

"She wanted us to give you away for adoption. She would only accept half of you not all of you," he stated matter of factly.

Grandmother huffed a little at the thoughts of the past.

"Looks like I will have to get over it. I smell more wolf in her then I do even Ray. I also smell fire stronger from her then I can smell anything else in Ray. But she has more then she even knows. It's a pity I can't dislike her the way I wanted too," granny said.

It caused a slight sting to my heart. But it doesn't matter. I have more important things to do.

"Look you have to work on these powers and I know the perfect spot," father stated.

"How can you help me? Do you have powers of your own?" I asked.

Grandma let out a tiny giggle "silly girl our family is meant to be keepers and guardians of our world. It's our family that is united with gifts. We have three other tribes or clans who also help and are gifted powers. That way no one has too much control," she lets out with a roar.

Before I knew it father led me out towards the basement of the house. A huge antique door lined with word I've never seen before. He started reading the strange language on the door causing it to open ever so slowly. On the other door was a whole nother scenery. Water on one side. Trees on the other. Sand in the middle. It was like different parts of the world all connected together.

I still couldn't believe this was in my grandmothers basement. Father led us through the opening as soon as the door closed behind us it disappeared.

Strange energy flowed about this place.

"You see it's time for you to start practicing child. Normally you would have by now. After all you are the main alpha. Main Luna. Your powers will outweigh even your brothers. And siblings if they have any," father stated in a calm manner.

I was still in shock from the door disappearing.

"You are no longer a child I am afraid. Your mother and I both robbed from spending time with you in your youth," he starts with a sad look in his face.

He then yanks his hands towards me sending a ball of fire my way. I try to dodge it but I can't. It's like his ball of fire has a thought or mind of it's on as it chases me.

My normal reaction is to protect my child with all cost. I try and aim. I felt something like tingles in my hand yet nothing. The ball only moves slightly away from me before chasing me still.

I keep pushing forward running gasping for air in this process. Is this man crazy? Is he a mad man? I wonder to myself.

The urge to protect us is worse now than the ball is closer to me. This time I feel energy that is solid. I yank my hands up in the process of my run to try and block the attack. A wall begins to form from dirt. But once again it's just not strong enough to get away from the fire.

The ball of flames burst right on through my dirt gate I had just created. It only delayed the ball.

However each time the fire ball comes back with vengeance growing coming at me just that much bigger and faster.

I was getting exhausted. My breath is panting from being worn out. What was I to do to stop this madness?

Why would he try to turn on his daughter so quickly? And why was Zane just watching and not helping.

Zane's face looked more amused than anything causing anger to form inside me. Why is my mate not willing to help?

This time I yanked water from the area closest to me. Trying to get rid of the flames once in for all. You would think water would put out this flame. Right? Well I was wrong!

The water didn't only put out this flame but caused it to grow.

As my father began to push the ball harder it hit me. Knocking me down on the ground as I scattered between the sand and water. Spitting dirt, sand, and water all out of my mouth.

I was fuming and yet he didn't quit there. More waves of flames thrown my way.

I had enough! I yanked myself up from the ground as flames started to crash into my skin. At first I thought it was gonna burn to my shock however it did not.

It was more of an irritation to my skin. I gathered myself up and made a shield with water for the most part. Then I built another shield with sand. And I could feel the air around. I dug my feet deeper into the sand becoming one with it.

I let my senses guide me for once. I could feel the direction of the next strike so in return I sent a fire ball flame back towards my father.

I hear a loud crashing and groans as he falls backwards. I could even hear some bones breaking. May shields dissolve as I look to see the damage I had caused.

Father looks as if he is in so much agony. And yet Zane and Dad both look proud of me.

They must be crazy? Or maybe I am crazy?

I only just now noticed my grandmother had stayed behind. I wondered why that was?

Both guys looked at me while clapping their hands.

"Are you okay?"I asked as I noticed I had broken his leg.

Yet he shrugs me off with how he was fine. And we slowly begin our journey back to his mom's house. Before we went back to the portal though he had warned me to only allow people to see the one power. And the one power only. Including family. For we had no clue who was truly our enemy or who truly was our allies or friends.