Punishment

Zane walked both of us to our own individual rooms. They had chains in this room to keep us on the wall.

       Whatever this punishment was I refuse to be hung back on another wall. I can't do it.

     "Since you don't want to be taken so easily we must chain you to this wall forever!" Stated Charlie's. Memories flashing back. I couldn't help but be traumatized from that experience alone.

I had fought them off before. One by one. This time was different however. He managed to bring in three guys at first. It was easy for me to take them down. I managed to even kick one of them in the nose. Breaking it on contact.

Good news for that specific vampire however. He healed quickly due to the vampire in him.

Charles quickly called for two more back up. They quickly shot me with a dart that caused me to be weakened. 

I never knew what they used. And I still didn't.

      "Click," the door opens from behind interrupting my thought process along with a sigh.

    I didn't. I couldn't turn around. I didn't want to see his face right now. Knowing I was gonna be punished was enough to make me feel uncomfortable.

    I understood why I was being punished. And if I was in his shoes I would be furious with me as well.

     After all before we arrived he went over the rules. And fighting was not allowed without being in training. (Whatever that was of course). After all I'm a frickin human with strange abilities.

      Strength is one of those clearly. But it can only truly happen for now when I'm filled with rage. And mind you Red had sent me over the edge.

      "Page admitted she started whatever this was between the two of y'all," Zane begins.

     Well at least she could admit she started the bullshit. However, it doesn't stop the fact we will both be punished.

    I choose to drown out most of what Zane says. Considering I know that punishment at this point is unavoidable.

      Zane then begins to grab me by my wrist. I assume to try and chain me.

      I yank my hand away and look him directly in his eyes.

   "Whatever punishment you plan on doing to me I will take without chains," I hiss towards him. 

I had made my mind up. The moment I had seen the hallway outlined with chains. If anyone dare tried I would refuse. I believe I had developed an unhealthy phioba of those chains.

    He looks at me confused before biting his lips and mumbling..."no one has yet been able to handle the pain for this type of punishment without being chained." He states.

     I heard his words but refused to change my mind on the matter. Being chained to walls for years makes you decide life is full of hell. Might as well embrace it.

     "I said no to the chain," I say through gritted teeth.

     He lets out a breath and mutters "fine."

     I found a spot to position myself at.  It happened to be near a window that had a spot where I can face outside and breath during the breaks of the punishment he is about to bestow on me. 

Anticipation raises at the thought of what is to happen next. I could guess all day long. But it wouldn't get the punishment over any quicker. To have my thoughts roam freely.

      I pulled my hands up on the window seal so I can face out wards but have a relaxing position as well.

       Zane doesn't say anything to me. He however moves forward, yanking my shirt above my head.

     The shirt irritates my face and view a little so I pull it all the way off. Whatever this punishment is I will take it at full force. With the top off.

     Zane sighs once more. I assume he was considering saying something about whether or not I should be leaving the shirt on. However, I had a feeling he knew I wasn't gonna listen to that either.

Truthfully I could be very stubborn when I chose to. And in this moment was on of my more stubborn moments.

     Zane picks up a whip with metal spikes on the edge of it.

   "You are new in this world of ours that allows you to walk freely. However this world is filled with discipline. We do not do slip ups. And when we do, we all get punished," he states.

     Honestly I could care less about the speech I wanted this punishment to get here and get over quickly. 

I wanted to interrupt his little speech. But I figured it best not to. I had no clue how bad his punishment was gonna be on me. And I did not want to make it worse.

       "However, I also have to put into calculations you took on an actual vampire and was winning the fight to a degree. So your punishment is light for now. But know in the future. You will be given the same amount of punishment as everyone else is required!" Zane finishes.

      I replace my hands back on the window seal and manage to clasp my hands down so tight my knuckles became white. 

This punishment needed to come on and come on fast. I didn't like the ideal or him remotely stalling.

    The first lash hits tear skin automatically. I want to let out a scream or a cry but I just can't. Not right now. I don't want to give anyone the satisfaction of my pain.

As he pauses my thoughts roam to what exactly does he do. Well besides clearly own this place.

It's not everyday you run into someone who is loaded in cash. I mostly saw people who had cash as arrogant.

However he seemed different. I don't know what it was about him. I needed to know more. It was hard to describe.

     The second last burns worse than the first tears begun to slowly run down my face. 

It was hard to describe even though I felt the pain. I still felt safe around him. Even though I was starting to get mad at him. I knew he was just doing his job at this time frame. I couldn't get mad about that. I could truly respect his role in leadership.

    The third came on faster and much more harder. It felt like he put everything in this one. Once he had finished my knees begun to buckle. I almost managed to fall but refused.

    However, the screams that came with this one wouldn't stop coming out of my mouth. I hated every ounce of showing weakness.

     "You have classes and training in the morning be ready," Zane states then rushes out the door. I refused to turn around to even look at him.

     I hitched my breathing to stop the screaming and looked outside. Everyone was minding their own business it seemed. My screams didn't stop anyone in their busy schedule. 

I was thankfully Zane left out. I was afraid of how I would react. A part of me wanted to tear him to shreds with that third lash. Another part of me was strangely aroused.

Which that had never happened before. Not when I was being punished. This felt different however.

I hope he doesn't go to hard on himself with his emotions.

Strangely enough I wasn't even that upset about it. Which made me even more confused. I knew I should be angry. I should want revenge. But all I truly wanted in this moment was to hope that Zane was okay with his own emotions.

   I took one more look at them before deciding to head back to my room for the night.

     As I excited the punishment room so did Red. Well Page....