Double or Trouble

As I was preparing to get up. The doctor asked to check one more thing with an ultrasound sound.

As soon as she hooked me up and spread the cold jelly substance on my stomach I could feel his presence.

Warmth spread from head to toe.
"Sorry I'm late," Zane whispered.
"It's okay," I say in response.

I was just truly glad he made it to the ultra sound part. Nerves creeping up my spine of what was to come next.

"Um well..." The doctor began. I wasn't happy about her response. It made me petrified of what was to come next.

"It looks like you are carrying two children...and I can't call them twins because it looks like one is farther along than the other. Which is rare," she stated.

My mind began to wonder with so many questions. Who is the other father? Should I tell him? Should I not? Why would I? Would Zane help with a child that clearly isn't his?

Tears began to work their way up. Zane rubbing my shoulders with care. How could he ever love someone who is as tainted as I?
......
This woman before me has been through so much. I didn't care if I was one of the child's father and not the other. In my eyes they where both my children.

One child born out of love and another as a reminder that even in the bad times good thing still come along.

I just wished this beautiful woman in front is of me could truly see herself through my eyes.

She loves me. Even knowing I have gathered another child with another woman. Who isn't my mate.

If anything she should truly despise me. I had choices and made them. I don't regret my other child.

Hell I don't despise Page either. I saved her daring a rough Page of her life.

But all I care about right now is comforting the mother to my child. My soul-mate.

I can only pour as much of my love into our bond. I'm still unsure how the bond works for a vampire who is mated to a werewolf.

"Do you still wanna be with me?" I hear her whisper.

Of course I do. Is this woman mad?
......
I couldn't help but look at Zane. Worry crept across my face...he could choose to be with Page. So why stay with a woman who is gonna have another child by another man as well?

"Do you still wanna be with me?" I manage a whisper again. Unsure if he heard me the first time.

Zane looked at me with a worried look spread across his face.

"How many times do I have to tell you love. You are my mate. You have been through so much and I don't plan on going anywhere," Zane states while landing soft kisses on my forehead.

We exit the building. Zane decided we need to go out for lunch and my stomach and I weren't disagreeing. My belly begun to rumble. It didn't help that I forgot to eat breakfast.

Zane had complained slightly about me not eating breakfast. And how it's best for the children and I to eat all three meals at least and snacks in between. After all I was eating not just for two but three.

The way he already cared about all of us made my heart swell. Over lunch however we stayed mostly on the subject about our babies however, I was curious of how his and Pages appointment went as well.

Part of it was me being nosey. The other part knowing no matter what Page will clearly be apart of our lives. And I refuse to treat any of our children differently. I could only hope she didn't over step her boundaries with my mate.

I brought up their appointment because Zane was clearly unsure if I would want the details.

I reassured him that it was fine. After all I was pregnant with his child along with someone else's. I had no right to be upset about the things that happened before we met.

Zane brought up a wonderful ideal to throw a ball in celebration of our relationship. He wanted the world to know. I was his. And he was mine.

So after we left for dinner we made plans to organize a gathering of all both our species vampires and werewolves.

Including those that didn't attend the program.

Zane gathered with the majority of his guys to help with the heavy duty stuff along with paper work.

I rounded up my two favorite girls Alexis and Chloe. They where more then happy to help. The girls gossiped about the hopes of finding their mates during the event coming up. Alexis more so was nervous and unsure due to if their mate would even want to be with her due to her just being her wonderful self. It still didn't stop people for hating however.

I reassured Alexis however if her mate dear tried to reject her I would kick his or her butt.

As we begun the decorations however my mind drifted back towards my brother and all my siblings.

Would I have to go to war with them? Could I harm them if I needed to?

I truly hoped it didn't come to that.

Before I knew it one of the banners in my hand crumbled in a black crisp from my hands. Both Alexis and Chloe where trying to shake me to snap me out of my trans.

Tears begun to flow. What kind of leader would I make? If everything kept turning to ash before me...

I did not want to be a leader whose own people feared them. After all with Zane being my mate. Not only are the werewolves some of the people I am supposed to lead but the vampires as well.

At least most of the vampires and werewolves got along. Only few did not however. That was only due to the ones searching to have the greater power.

Power was something I didn't like having. It was cool yes. But I hated the thought of harming others.

"Luna! Luna!" I could hear people yelling in the distance. But my mind was else where.

I hadn't even noticed I was being pulled away on a metal bedding to make sure it wouldn't go up in flames as well.

Once I came to I realized I was back inside the hospital. Metal strips holding me down.

Zane had a worried looked on his face. Asking if I was okay.

I tried speaking however no words came. Before I knew it the darkness took over and I could no longer see the lights.