Kidnapped

Darkness surrounded me. I could hear breathing and voice. Yet I could see no one. I tried pulling my hands to my stomach to see if everything was fine with my children. To my demise I yanked my hands which were clearly chained to the wall once again.

Why is the world so cruel? And who would do this? Why was Zanes and I mind-link blocked?

Laughter filled the air and a wave of silence stopped the chatters and whispers.

The man undid his mask before me. He was clearly my brother. Ray. But why? As far as I knew we where yet at war..maybe I was wrong. How would I get out of this if he wanted me to no longer be in his way?

Right now I am not a threat to him because I don't want to be on the throne. Even if it's my birth right.

Ray waved the guards away. A few of them moaned and groaned about it. Ray used the authority voice of the alpha right now. I noticed at the same time that Lacey whispered 'it is only the beta voice for now'. Lacey was right of course. Even I could tell the difference.

I suppose it was due to me being the real born alpha or even the small chance the real alpha of the pack was alive.

"I brought you here not to harm you. But to give you a gift," Ray mumbled.

Honestly I was shocked. I was captured to be handed a gift?

"You see I learned my uncle your biological father is still alive after all. He is held down here. My father has found no more use for him since he is a broken formal shell of himself. Since your mother sacrificed herself for your safety" Ray stated.

A wave of shock and relief washing over me. Was I ready to see my father? How did my mother feel his death if he isn't dead? I had so many questions but little to no answers.

"At dawn you both will escape. They have prepared for both y'all's execution at dawn. I would rather fight a worthy opponent than someone who is not fully equipped." Ray stated with a sigh.

I couldn't believe my ears. I was in a state of shock. Ray quickly turned around as if he was about to leave. However he quickly turned back around to toss me a set of keys.

"Go past the dark mist and use a strong mind set. You will need it. Also not everything is as it seems at home. Follow your gut instinct. That will help you along the way. And no matter what you are a warrior. Be prepared for war the next time we meet," Ray stated then walked away.

A hint of a smile formed across my face. But what changed? I now had my answer about war. But why didn't he won't his opponent weak? It would be truly the best way to defeat and take over the alpha position.

I quickly began to fight my nerves. I was gonna meet my father tonight. Not only that but lead us both out and escape.

Why would he be willing to allow a prisoner to go even if he was weakened and no use to his father...this wasn't making any sense.

'We will find out in the right time frame. For now let's locate our father and help him out of here,' Lacey echoed throughout my mind. 

My feet got up and I unlocked the door. Ray clearly told the guards to be elsewhere. He had reassured them I wouldn't try to escape. And even if I did he would hunt me down.

He had made sure the room was empty while talking about my father. At this point all I could think was that Ray's father clearly upset his son somehow.

I went the opposite way that everyone exited. I highly doubt any prisoners would be towards the front. After all it would be a type of strategy to keep prisoners away from an easy exit route.

The prison itself was damp and cold. The further down I walked the spookier it got. Truthfully I wanted out of here as quickly as possible.

I was still upset that I was gonna miss sleep due to being kidnapped in the middle of the night. However it was worth it. Wasn't it? A parent I had thought no longer exists is alive and well for the most part.

I could hear water dripping down the walls and I could sense a tunnel towards the end of the path. As I crept closer to the tunnel I noticed a locked door with chains. I used the keys in my hand to undo the locks. It was locked with multiple locks. By the time I finished undoing the locks I almost stumbled to the ground in exhaustion.

However my spirit would not let me flatter. I had to open this door. I had to get my father out of here. To safety. Since he was no more use to his brother I'm sure he would be expired by his brother's hands.

I yanked and pulled the handle of the door as hard as I could. Blood began to drip from my hands. I couldn't quit. Not now not ever. I was given a crap life. But I was no quieter. I was a fighter and I would fight until my very last breath.

The door swung open. Inside I say a small fragile middle aged man. His eyes were wet and red from recent tears. A pain echoed throughout his face.

He had not even budged from the door being open. He was ready to meet his demise.

I wasn't afraid but rather calm surrounded him.

"You're here to kill me brother? Do your best! Just know my daughter will advantage my death along with her mother's. No one could defeat her not even I," father stated.

I was in shock that this man had this much faith in me. He was broken but his faith was strong in me. In his blood.

"It's me," I whisper. Unsure how to address him any further.

He peaked up through his shaggy messy hair. A slight glimpse of hope speeding through his eyes. Yet doubt in them as well.

"Are you here to haunt my thoughts? Are you here to give me doubts?" He asked.

I truly did not know how to respond. I also knew I had no time to waste to get us out of here.

Instead of arguing with this man I gathered him in my arms and slung him around me.

We had to get out of here no matter what. I would not allow him to stay here any longer. After all we are all that each other has at this point.

He could give me the answers about my past and the stuff that he stated back there.

My legs were beginning to become weaker but I refused to give him here. We needed to get out and far away.

A light began to shine as an opening began to appear. I quickly pushed my legs harder to get us away from this current location. Pushing us farther out until a field was in front of us. It was clear. Behind the field was a forest. It was enough to hide our scent.

After all we need a lot of coverage. It wasn't long until in the woods we noticed a covert to hide into as well.

I laid my head on my father from pure exhaustion. He didn't protest thankfully.

I rubbed my head until darkness surrounded me. I allowed the darkness to swallow me whole. Colors surrounded me with a hint of peace for once.