31.~SHAWARMA~

Helloooooo, sorry for the long wait. It took much more than usual.

Anyway, with the next chapter  we finish the first Avenger movie, and we start again with a plot of my own, so I hope you will like it.

Warnings: a little short but I wanted to cry while writing it

Love y'all <3. Enjoy!

New York
After the battle

Y/n pov:

We are all walking towards this shawarma place. Tony wanted to go. We agreed because... Well I agreed because I'm hungry, the others agreed because they wanted to give an happy ending to the traumatized man.

Loki got arrested by shield, and we decided to take a break before going back to work.
I shifted back to human after they took him away. Now we are all trying to put everything that happened, together.
Steve, Thor and Bruce are walking up front, probably talking about the battle. Natasha is talking to Clint and I was in the back alone before I feel Tony step up to my side.

I turn to him with a smile.

"So, how are you feeling kid?"

I look around and take a deep breath.

"Fine... I guess"

He looks at me for a moment before he speaks again.

"You don't even believe yourself. What's wrong?"

"I just saw the man who gave me a new life, fall from the sky. What do you think?"

I say kinda annoyed.

"Aw you got scared for me?"

He says sarcastically, but after I give him another look he changes his attitude.

"I'm sorry. But hey, I'm alive"

"Because of luck"

"I'm still alive!.. *sigh* listen, I know I got you worried, and I'm sorry. But it was the only way to save the city"

I look at him with tears threatening to fall from my eyes. When he sees my expression, he stops me from walking putting a hand on my shoulder. Soon after we turn to each other while the others keep going.

"Did you really mean what you said when I took the bomb?"

I look at him confused but then realize what he's talking about.

"I-i mean... That was a little slip up"

I say trying to avoid the conversation looking down.

"Just a slip up? What a shame. I was really hoping to present you to the world as my own kid"

When he says that my head snaps to him.

"W-what?"

"You've been living with me more than a year now. We've spent a lot of time together, I've seen you change for the better. I want to be able to call you my kid"

Tears finally fall from my face as I jump on him, hugging him tightly. He wraps his arms around me, holding me while I cry.

"I was so afraid of actually calling you dad... I thought you wouldn't want it"

"I was waiting for the right moment, but you know me"

I chuckle as I release him.

"You wanted to make me an omelette?"

I say teasingly as he laughs too.

"Maybe. But I was also looking into adoption. To see if it was available even if you're nineteen"

When he says that I completely freeze looking at him.

"Did- did you hit your head too hard? This is not funny if this is a joke"

"It's not a joke. I really want to make it official. What do you think? You want to be a Stark?"

"I-... Yes! Yes, of course!"

He smiles at me and he puts a arm around me laughing, starting to walk again towards the shawarma place.
I can't contain my smile either as I lean into him.

Even after everything that happened, this is the happiest day of my life...

"Thanks dad..."