18.~MEETING~

Hello everyone. Everything is going pretty good so I'm starting to write again. Please excuse me for the long wait.

It's not that good but I thought that I should give more of the relationship with the others so it's not that long either.
Love you tho so I hope you'll accept this.

No warnings so enjoy

Next day
Shield flying base

No one's pov:

After spending the night studying the shifter decided to get their stuff and pack everything they would need for something like this.

After calling Coulson they started their trip to get at the facility, Stark said he would follow them later.

When the jet arrived the shifter got out greeting every person that they met while training at Shield. Looking to their left they see another jet getting ready to land.

Y/n pov:

When I see the jet my curiosity gets the best of me and I walk towards the landing spot to see who's arriving.
When I get there my senses pick up slightly and I look around to see what's causing this.

When I look to my side I see my favourite redhead walking towards me smiling.

"I think someone took the puppy of their leash"

"Ahah, very funny"

I roll my eyes smiling looking back at the jet.
When the ramp open an agent gets off with who I recognize being Steve Rogers or as everyone calls him, Captain America. Just an ice cube if you ask me.

"Agents, captain Rogers"

The guy introduces us as Natasha stops at my side.

"Hi. They need you on the bridge..."

She tells the other agent. In the meantime I zone out and look around kind of worried. For what I've read on the files this is a pretty big deal so I want to stay on alert.

When the other guy walks away Natasha and Steve start to have their own conversation as we walk around.

"Doctor Banner!"

I look up at hearing this and my senses pick up again but this time I don't like it at all.
I've read his name and about who he is. A great scientist but still a green time bomb... Not to mention the one Natasha went to talk to.

I watch closely as they introduce themselves. When Steve says he only cares about the cube I kinda feel bad for Doctor Banner. He's still a great scientist.

At this I walk up to him and introduce myself.

"Doctor Banner, it's a pleasure to meet you. I've read your work and I'm really impressed"

I put my hand out for a shake and he accepts it with a smile. I can feel he is nervous about being here

"Thank you...?"

"Y/n. Agent Shadow"

"You're the wolf-guy?"

I look behind me at Steve and then at Natasha who nods at me.

"That is me"

"Read a lot about you"

"Not everything. Trust me"

He nods his head and as he was about to say something Natasha stops us.

"Gentleman, you might wanna step inside a minute. It's gonna get a little hard to breathe"

She smirks after saying this and I look around hearing many things at once.

"Is this a submarine?"

"They want me in a submerged, pressurized, metal container?

When they get closer to the edge I walk next to Natasha.

"What happens if I give them a little push?"

She gives me a side eye and I throw my hands up in defense.

"Just saying!..."

Suddenly this thing starts getting higher from the ocean level and I understand what's going on. All the chaos and the movement gets me nervous but Natasha looks at me reassuringly and gives me a nod silently asking if I'm ok. I look at her and give a fake smile. I'm just not used to this.

After a few seconds we walk inside. I instantly feel better and start relaxing at this.
When we get to the control center I see Nick making sure everything is alright and other agents piloting everything.

I look around in awe for a few seconds before, out of the corner of my eye I see Natasha asking someone, probably, about Clint. I intend on asking her about that later but also how she feels about all of this.
I know she keeps everything inside and I just need to ask.

While I'm still in awe about everything I hear Fury call Nat. This gets my attention back on them as he asks her to show Dr. Banner to the laboratory.

At this I go to follow after them keeping my eye on the big guy. I don't know if it's just for protection or for curiosity but either way I'm not gonna let him out of my sight.

Just as I think that I hear Maria calling my name. I roll my eyes and walk to her.

"What's up?"

"Not even a greeting?"

I smile and hug her.
She's surprised about this but doesn't let it show that much.

"You on alert?"

I look at her confused.

"I can see how you eye Dr Banner"

"I just don't trust him"

"You don't trust him in general or just around a certain person"

"You're reading too much into this"

"Am I?"

She asks before smirking at me

"I know it's her job but I don't like when she has to flirt with people. Especially when she has to act like she isn't scared of them."

Maria looks at me with sympathy

"I can't with you two I swear. Just talk to her about how you feel before you get out of control."

"I don't get out of control"

She gives me a Stern look.

"Maybe just a bit"

Again the same look.

"Ok, fine I'll talk to her. Jeez, you're worse then Clint"

She laughs and pats my shoulder before walking away.